Help needed! Sneezy and stuffy baby!

laurat

Reaction score
Hey ladies, my LO is 9 days old today and weve been very lucky as hes been earing and sleeping etc mwell. Yesterday he started to sneeze a lot. During the day this seemed ok but when it was time for bed we realised how stuffy his nose was. He sounds like someone with a cold.

This is not actually particularly bothering him as he doesnt seem distressed or anything but is taking him longer to get to sleep etc. He seems to be better sitting up but obviously we cant have him sleeping sitting up in hos crib. We did tilt the matress a bit but it doesnt seem enough.

My husband and I both have hayfever, hubby in particular has quite severe and other allergies etc so stuffiness is in his genes. I phoned the mw last nightvwho waa not help whatsoever she just said he will just need to go through it.

Do any of you have experience of sneezing and stuffiness and have any advice what would help? Gosh its all so worrying!!

Hi love, about 10 or so days after my daughter was born she sounded stuffy and bunged up, I though she had breathing issues! The midwife said not to worry and it's just their tiny respitory tubes adjusting to the world.
I was doubtful but over the weeks they did clear. She did sneeze a bit but not that much.

I don't know if that's what's happening with your lo?

Last edited:
Cay was very snuffly/stuffy at a coupla weeks old.

If baby is bunged up (baring in mind that babies breathe through their nose for the first few months), the first thing to do is raise the head end of their cot/mattress (books under cot legs, rolled up towel/pillow under mattress).
Try running a hot shower and sitting in the steamy bathroom for a few minutes.

Something that worked for us - get a tea-light oil burner. Put water in the top with a few drops of children's olbas oil, and leave to burn in the room.

Best thing without a doubt - Breast milk. Just a coupla drops up each nostril before bed. One or two nights of this, problem solved. Xx

Thanks girls ill try these things. Its just so scary at times! You panic and assume the worst I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back