Help - moving onto formula!

Miss_May

Reaction score
Hi, after a month of breast feeding, we have decided to switch to formula.
My breasts are so painfull and engorged and leaking milk.
How long does this go on for?
Does anybody have any tips to make it more bearable?
I went cold turkey yesterday afternoon, today I'm strapped up, wearing 2 bras and breast pads. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

I went cold turkey too (stupid I know but once we'd made the decision to switch I didn't wanna eek it out any longer!)

I wore a really really tight sports bra to keep pressure on them. If that pressure gets too much hand express just a little in the shower. I also took paracetamol and arnica. After a week they were almost back to normal. Wear the tight bra at night too.

Hope it settles quickly for you x x

I went cold turkey too (stupid I know but once we'd made the decision to switch I didn't wanna eek it out any longer!)

I wore a really really tight sports bra to keep pressure on them. If that pressure gets too much hand express just a little in the shower. I also took paracetamol and arnica. After a week they were almost back to normal. Wear the tight bra at night too.

Hope it settles quickly for you x x

Thanks, I will keep going. Hopefully it will sort itself out pretty quickly. x

I haven't got any advice as I've never my two self weaned at 11 months. I think ideally you should reduce feeds slowly. Keep an eye out for mastitis hun doing it this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back