Help me please!

Discussion in 'OPK Testing Gallery' started by Lauren7, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Lauren7

Lauren7 Active Member

Girls please help me ! I was mistaken and took ovulation test as a pregnancy test. I got excited and took it as me being pregnant when 6 tests came out positive on Friday. They slowly started to fade as the days went by and this is when I realised I was taking ovulation tests not pregnancy tests. However we had intercourse Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday evening (you can tell we are trying haha) even though I ovulated Friday and we haven't had sex since Thursday evening could I still be pregnant? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. lillith112

lillith112 Well-Known Member

Hi Lauren, yes you definitely could be in with a chance, sperm can live for up to 5 days while inside a woman waiting for ovulation. I think you have more chance of catching pregnant by dtd just before ovulation. Fingers crossed for your 2 week wait x

3. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

You're definitely still in with a chance of getting pregnant. Sperm can live inside you for 5-7 days in the right conditions. Up until Friday was obviously your fertile week so ideal conditions for sperm to live in. Some say having sex in the lead up to ovulation rather than ovulation day and the days following, result in better chances of pregnancy. Hubby and I only DTD in the week leading up to OV and the day of and I'm still very hopeful we're in with a chance.

You got a positive test on Friday so you actually ovulate (the egg is released) 12-36 hours (roughly) following your positive test so you're about 1/2 days post ovulation today. Hope that helps and good luck :) Come join us in the TTC section and join the February testing thread. You should be able to test in the next 12 days :) xx

#3 MrsS15, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  4. Lauren7

Lauren7 Active Member

Thanks girls. Sprinkling baby dust all round x