Help me please

mummyof3girls

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been breastfeeding my third daughter for 8 months and lets just say our bfing journey has not been the easiest! Since weaning my dd at 6 months my supply has been steadily decreasing (despite me taking supplements, upping feeds and pumping sessions) and we are now at breaking point, my dd has gone down to 3 wet nappies a day and is yelling at the breast at every feed. She wants to feed but its like there is nothing there. I went to my doctors yesterday out of pure desperation and was told to drink more and if that fails then maybe its just mother natures way of telling me we are coming to the end. I have made another appointment with a different doctor as I know there are meds they can give you to help supply and I am certain mine has been affected by my recent diagnosis of pcos. Fed up and losing faith in my bodies abilities :(. Does anyone have any advice please xxxxxx

Afraid I don't have any advice.. I'm On month 7 and have noticed the same, I've tried upping the feeds and even trying what I've read to be great "fenugreek" and have noticed a slight increase. Maybe worth a shot?? Maybe see what the other dr says and go from there.. Fingers crossed for you. Xxx

Hi ladies :wave:

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been breastfeeding my third daughter for 8 months and lets just say our bfing journey has not been the easiest! Since weaning my dd at 6 months my supply has been steadily decreasing (despite me taking supplements, upping feeds and pumping sessions) and we are now at breaking point, my dd has gone down to 3 wet nappies a day and is yelling at the breast at every feed. She wants to feed but its like there is nothing there. I went to my doctors yesterday out of pure desperation and was told to drink more and if that fails then maybe its just mother natures way of telling me we are coming to the end. I have made another appointment with a different doctor as I know there are meds they can give you to help supply and I am certain mine has been affected by my recent diagnosis of pcos. Fed up and losing faith in my bodies abilities :(. Does anyone have any advice please xxxxxx

How many feeds a day is LO having Hun? Xx

There are things you can try but if you.have pcos, it xan affect supply. Sometimes metformin helps but you need to discuss it with the doctor.
You can try Fenugreek first to see if it helps xxx

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

A big factor to decreased milk, is stress, the more you stress the less you will produce, id also lay off pumping and just put your lo to boobie more, you need to feel the love and produce some happy hormones to get the supply going, however it maybe that your body has decided enough is enough :( i know someone whos body decided at 4 months it didnt want to produce milk anymore and she could only express 5oz off a day xx

Hi ladies

Thanks for the replies, I have tried fenugreek, mothers milk tea and alfalfa seeds but to no avail. I went to the doctors and she prescribed me domperidone and things have improved massively :) feeds are a happy time now and both me and lilly are happy. It took a few days to take affect but I have been on them for a week and things are improving daily. I am one very happy mummy xxxxxx

Great to hear hun, i am on it too but i dont have pcos.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back