help me out please

buzzme

Reaction score
hi everyone.
my husband semen analysis report says that he has sub motile sperms.the sperms motility is 40% which is actually supposed to be 50%.are there any chances for me to conceive even in this condition.

I cannot help with the medical/biological facts here except to say anything is possible when it comes to conceiving, I'm sure many a couple has conceived with low mobility sperm, I would speak to your GP about it, also ask about if any vitamins herbal remedies could aid sperm, I know Zinc and Selenium do.
Sorry I couldn't be more help, you might find something on the internet :hug: Very best wishes TTC :hug:

Hi

I remember reading an article in July saying if you give a man tomato soup each day it increases quality of sperm, so the scientists did and experiment giving men with poor quality sperm tomato soup every day and after 3 months there sperm quality had improved greatly!

Good luck

Mx

I just misread Moofa's post - thought the scientists had made men consume "poor quality sperm tomato soup" every day! yuck! :puke: :rotfl:

Sorry, I can't give much help, but I thought that if a test came back sub-optimum like that they usually do another one a couple of months later? The Zita West TTC book I have says that it's relatively common for one test to be below average and a later test to be normal. It takes about 2-3 months for sperm to be made so if your DH makes adjustments to his diet now, you may see an improvement in motility by the New Year. The book is quite useful with various suggestions/pieces of advice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zita-Wests-Guid ... 251&sr=8-1

Kittykins said:
I just misread Moofa's post - thought the scientists had made men consume "poor quality sperm tomato soup" every day! yuck! :puke: :rotfl:

oops forgot my punctuation :oops:

My OH has had two sperm tests with bad motility results. He has now put himself on a completely organic diet and drinks ginseng tea as it it supposed to help wake up the swimmers and get them moving in the right direction. He is also taking other herbal remedies such as Tribulus Terrestris to compliment this.

When he received his results the doctor said, it is not impossible for us to get pregnant just less likely than a bloke with good sperm motility. I think OH has 20% sperm motility and the doctor said this is on the low side. It sounds like your OH has better sperm motilty than mine so I'm sure you will be able to conceive naturally :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back