Help me go into labor!!!!!

Kelli27

Reaction score
I will be 40 weeks on Sunday....I have stayed at 1 centimeter for 3 weeks now....I have tried everything....walking, massages, sex, nipple stimulation :oops: , and even drank the nasty castor oil...which it did cause contractions for about 7 hours...but still no more dialation....I know that babies have a mind of there own but geezzzzzzz.....she has to come out sometime!!!....Any advice????

I know exactly how you feel hun, I'm 40 weeks today without even a slight sign :(

I've been trying sex, walking, raspberry leaf tea, pineapple (gives BAD heartburn), hot curries/mexican food, you name it.

Looks like it's out of our hands I'm afraid! :D

How do you know how dilated you are? Did the midwife say? I've been seeing the midwife every week for about 5 weeks now and she's not 'been down there' yet for a look or anything so I might not be dilated aat all? :( Think I'll ask today. Anyway, they told me last week that they'll let me go over by up to 12 days... :shock:

I'm 41 weeks 1 day now! :shock:

On Friday, I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. My induction date is set for Wednesday(July 20th) at 8pm. I'm hoping she'll come before then but I'm not so confident! I've even had my membranes swept 4 times. I had a nonstress test on Friday night and the baby is doing fine so that made me feel better. I just want to be holding her already!

try cod liver oil. my mum went through loads with my brother and it helped her x

Have you tried reflexology or acupuncture - they can both be really effective!!

my mate run up n down the stairs and had a curry and a warm bath, also ive herd pineapple can bring on labour which is quite worrying considering i eat loads of the stuff daily...

hiya guys, my step mother had my little brother and my other little sister in half an hour. she took a table spoon fool of castor oil for each times at the start of emerdal on itv and by the start of corination street both baby's were born. the babies were 3 years apart but it worked quickly and fast both times. she also had a home birth both babies were born un expectedly in the bathroom lol write back xx

Becareful with caster oil, at my last antenatal class the mw's gave it a big no no!!

caster oil is a big NO NO cos it can cause the baby to have a bowel movement too, which can cause problems if he/she swallows any which is likely to happen cos they swallow the amniotic fluid all the time.

Nipple tweaking is supposed to work too, but i think you have to do it for hours as apposed to minutes

Clary Sage essential oil is the one you are not allowed to take into hospital with you in case it makes other women go into labour too early. I guess that means it is quite effective.

I tried everything with my son but was still induced after going 10 days over. I really don't want to get induced this time.
Reflexology is supposed to work well too. My hospital offer it for free when you get to 39 weeks.

i had a show on tuesday. and it is now sunday and i have been having very strong braxton hicks since. im 4/5ths engaged and got a feelin im slow labourin :( oh well might try some of these tactics to speed things up its becomin a night mare and i dont wanna go all the way like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back