Help me dress my baby

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
I feel stupid, and clueless

Its 25 degrees in Aarons room - and the window is open :shock:

I had put him in just a sleepsuit (no vest) and a 1.5tog sleeping bag.

But when I realised it was 25 degrees I undid the sleeping bag - but left it under him in case I needed to do him up again while he's sleeping?

How should he be dressed?

Not a clue! My little dude is in a Vest, sleep suit and a bag! Maybe he'll overheat?! My dude that is not yours! Mmmmm didn't even think but now I realise how close it feels tonight! Aaron will wake if he's too cold I'm sure. Xx

25 degrees I would go with vest and 1 tog sleeping bag so what you've done sounds fine to me x

I go by how I feel, so if I'm in a t shirt I'll just have E in a vest and at night I'd stick her in a 1.5 tog sleeping bag as it'll probably get colder later in the evening?

When it's mega hot at night I'll probably just use a thin cellular blanket but at the moment it's quite chilly where I am tonight! :)

If he doesn't move maybe a blanket instead of the sleeping bag?

It's chilly here tonight so Jack's in a vest,pj's and will be in his sleeping bag. Harry's in our room and will be in a vest, babygro and has a shawl over him. He's a tummy sleeper and they're naturally warmer when they sleep so I won't put hm in a sleeping bag until Winter or until he can turn himself over so he doesn't kick his blanket off.

It's always tough to know what's best x

No sure. .....but seriously? 25 degrees? My angel care must be broken...we only have 18!!! Xx

tapatalking

The lowest tog sleeping bag I have is 1.5 :-s

I feel like I should know how to dress him when its warm, and feel like a stupid mum right now.

I've left him just in a sleepsuit, I'll check his temp in a bit and see how he is

well our room was 23, has dropped to 22 and i have Freya in a 0.5tog and a sleepsuit with no vest.

I am now worried she is going to be cold!!

its all so bloody confusing. Better too cold than too warm though. Think i might ditch the bags and leave her with sheets that she will kick off. At least she wont get all wrapped up in them with her rolling from side to side and end up looking like a giant pink wriggly caterpillar!

Aaron's has dropped to 24, but I'm not comfortable leaving his window open all night

OMG its such hard work all this nonsense

Aaron just pulls blankets over his head and eats them, so there's no point really :lol:

I just used to leave LO with a thin blanket on here when she first went to bed and then topped up with another thin one when I went to bed at around half 11. By this time the temp in the room was dropping.

When its over 22 Ava is just in a sleep suit and thin blanket she gets awful warm fast and when she gets cold we hear mam mam mam mam from her cot and ill go in and put her in her sleeping bag or another blanket(depending on the temp) the last few nights she has kicked the blankets off her and has slept all night in a sleep suit! X

I also struggle to judge this kind of thing. Max's room has been around 22-23 lately and he's slept fine in just a sleepsuit (no vest or sleeping bag/blankets). I've found he's quite a hot baby naturally and prefers to be cooler so I try to remember that when I dress him for bed. The good thing is we can always just pop a cellular blanket on him when we go to bed if he seems a bit cool xxx

I got panicked last night after reading this. I had put dg to bed in a short sleeve vest, pjs and her 2tog bag. She slept right through and when I got up at 2 for the loo I felt her head and she was cold. So I have no idea now lol. It got up to 22 degrees which is the hottest ive seen the monitor even when we have heating on its never that! ! Xx

tapatalking

The windows being opened woke me at 3am and his room was at 19 so I closed his window, but felt the back of his neck and he was still toasty so left him as he was.

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back