Help leaking nappy!

Jazz

Reaction score
Little lady's nappy's keep leaking it happens in the day but it's worse at night she wakes up very cold and soaking, I have tried different brands but its still happening. She's in size 1 I tried moving to size 2 as i thought the nappy's were getting small but that made it worse than ever! Any hints or tips :)

I'm not sure what to suggest because you say you have tried different brands and different sizes. Other than that I would be at a loss.

Maybe try cloth nappies? See if they fit better?

Are they leaking from the leg or up the back?

she's a tummy sleeper so its all up her front, she doesn't have solid poo and that runs down her legs, I will look in to cloth nappies do they have different sizes as well

Yes cloth Nappies come in different sizes or birth to Potty.
what disposables have you tried? x

You can buy fleece wraps that can go over reusable nappies but also work well over disposables. They sock up any leaks and keep baby dry but the wet then evaporates. Would be very useful for night time.

As the other girls have asked really, which brands have you tried? I also had been leakage problems with disposables but I found certain brands of reusables were fantastic.

thank you, i have tried asda own brand, boots own brand, tesco own brand, sainsburys own brand we then moved on to huggies, pampers, we also tried some 12 hr dry ones but they were size 3 so waste of time!

we had exactly the same probs and it went on for months, I did a similar thread about this time last year! we ended up using 2 disposables at night, one on top of the other. tried everything else and it was all that 'worked' for us - although sometimes we still had a leak but it didnt wake him at night . good luck!

Thanks Minchin its horrible when they wake up so cold and wet, i wonder if it will get better when she gets in bigger nappy's might contain all the food and milk she has!

Hi Chloe leaks alot too! glad i found this thread, its intresting that different makes havent worked, i hadnt tried other makes yet I just use huggies newborn and are on size 2, i thought when we start to use size 2 things would get better but sadly not. Pretty much everynight chloe leaks and prob every other day in the day. And like you say if shes on her tummy its all up her front and all up her back if she lies on back, so tiring keep fully changing!. ive just started to think its one of those things now, like i change chloes nappy really regularly to be honest so i ruled out it wa sme leaving it on to long. I just think sometimes some babies can wee / poo more at certain times etc and obviously the nappy just cant hold it all.
now chloe sleeps 4 - 5 hours at a time the leaking is getting worse too because of longer between changes. may try the two nappy idea tonight :) xx

Hey hun.....my LO leaked all the time too and it wasn't until she grew into size 3 that it's calmed down! We now use Huggies Superdry size 3 instead of newborn size 3 and have only had one incident in about 3/4 weeks!

I kinda just lived with it until now unfortunately!! It's rubbish....we used to just change LO when she woke for her night feed....I know many people don't but it's the only way we could prevent leakages by the morning!

HTH xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

When I used pampers - no leaky nappies . When I used huggies.. Always leaky nappies. Huggies were bogof so still got 2 huge packs to use up!! Think il get pampers for nighting as that's when he is in it for longest! Thought I was being savvy buying the nappies in bulk!! Maybe Chang the brand? X

URGH I am feeling your pain! Cam goes through stages of this and he is doing it now. Ive tried everything! Its only when he sleeps and he is a tummy sleeper x

Only thing I can think of suggesting is going up a popper vest size. Seems strange but I found AJ's nappies always leaked when he needed to go up a size in vest, they fitted fine when the nappy was dry but didnt have enough room for the nappy to expand causing the leaks. x

Weve used size 3 for a while and I've not had the same problems with leaking but I did want to recommend Aldi own brand. I've tried most of the Huggies and Pampers and I find Aldi the best and they are a lot cheaper!

Thanks charliebear but her vest hangs off her! we have had a few dry nights by putting on normal nappy on and then a swimming nappy on back to front so she has more padding at front! weird but its worked so far:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back