Help ladies that "spot" before AF

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Hi all,

You all must be sick of me posting on here!! But I dont know who else to ask.... :oops:

In December we found out I had been pregnant since my Aug/Sept cycle and the baby had implanted in my abdominal cavity. This was a total shock to us as I had had bleeding every month and had assumed that it was AF. Anyway thats all a long story but the outcome is that the fetus is no longer there and my HCG dropped to below 1. We did have a scare when it rose again to 5 but a subsequent bloodtest showed it had dropped again to 1 so it looks as if although we did catch an egg during my ovulation around the 24th Dec my uterus is still in trauma and it was not able to implant.

OK I hope you are keeping up so far :D Anyway I started spotting on Wednesday - very black/brown mucusy stuff - only when I wiped and I thought fantastic AF was about to start properly as I also had tummy cramps. Over the past 4 days its remained as spotting - not even enough for a panty liner and I am still getting the pains - its now more watery with little brown stringy specks. I am so confused - I dont know anymore what my proper AF is like!!! I am terrified that the egg did implant but in the wrong place hence the drop in hcg levels.....

I am going back to the consultant on Wednesday and am having blood work done on tuesday so I should find out what is happening then but I am so worried.... :( I just seem to have been thinking about this 24 hours a day for the past 5 months!! I hate my body!!!!

Can anyone tell me what their spotting is like??? Do you ever spot for 4 days before AF starts full flow???? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks x

isnt it horrible when u dont kno wot the hell is goin on.
everytime i had spottin but didnt result in pregnancy, it was brown and stringy it would last for a few days.
i never spot befor AF, it normally comes full force. except for last cycle i had pinky spottin the day before AF got me.

I cant give u advice hun coz ive never heard bout your situation, i just hope u get it sorted soon hun :hug:

I ahve had this since May 07 for anything from 3-7 days b4 AF hun. I've seen the doc and they say it's nothing to worry about,but it's still a pain. Although having said that I don't really get the cramps till the day AF shows up. I was worried it could be linked to low progesterone but the doc said no it wasn't (i'm still not so sure).I had vaginal swabs and there was no infection and the nurse i saw said if I wasn't PG by Xmas to go back and see her and she would do a full blood work to check hormones, thyriod etc.

It's a real pain isn't it?
Hope you get some answers hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I normally start spotting the day before my AF. But my last 2 cycles I've had brown, stringy spotting for 4-5 days before my AF has started. I also had cramps with the spotting as well and none when my AF started.

Likewise, Doc said it wasn't anything to worry about and didn't even take any swabs. However, I will be going back to the docs if it happens again as it isn't normal for me to get spotting for that long.

Hope you get some answers about this next week :hug: :hug:

I have it - but more watery - but I have a lot of cm so that may be why. I've had full hormone + thyroid test after mc in August and all is fine. My doctor said wouldn't affect viable pregnancy.

I've also had it this month - not before AF but when Af would have been due had I stayed on perfect 28 day cycle - I wonder if the body almost knows it should be AF then and a minute change in hormone causes it? Would this have been the right time for AF for you maybe?

Oh Libs its been so long since I had a proper AF I have no idea :rotfl: :rotfl: The last cycle I can definately say I wasnt pregnant in started on 28th July and ended 23rd August...... my cycles are between 26 and 28 days long so I suppose it could be :D Spotting seems a little heavier this afternoon although still only there when I wipe so I hope AF will start tomorrow....... :pray:

:hug: ROM

Just to let you know I too get brownish stringy 'stuff' a few days before af comes in full swing, it kind of alternates with creamy stuff too :oops:

I get full on brown CM about a week before AF (enough to use a liner) .......... always have done, always will.

When I was on the pill I had it all month. No cramps til day 1 of AF though. Have never thought it to be any thing other than an early warning system.

I've posted on chartstalkers, but take a look at my chart! 10 days of on-off spotting and no proper AF at all this month!

You know I went to the doctor's a couple of weeks back? Well, I asked him then about the spotting before AF, as I'd only had it since the chem, and he said that it was almost certainly due to the hormones being all over the place and it would probably disappear when my cycles returned to normal. I guess you should follow the same advice, and assume that you will have up to 3 months of your body trying to readjust.

I don't think you need to worry about another ectopic - you said before that your consultant was aware of the possibility of pregnancy, and she did a scan. She will definitely have been looking for anything abnormal. The brown stringy stuff is old blood, I suspect it's the lining finally disintegrating - and after all these months, you'd expect it to be pretty old. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back