help.. inquest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Krystal, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

Hi everyone :wave: Hope you all had a good day.

Am hoping someone can help.. I have been summoned to appear as a witness at the inquest into my dad's death. I am meant to go on Monday at 9:30.. I don't want to.

1.. I have given them a statement and can't say anything more on the matter.

2. It's on the other side of the country and although OH parents will look after JT I dont want to be so far away incase there is a problem.

3. Cost.. i really can't afford to go.

4 I JUST DONT WANT TO :cry:

I didn't have a good relationship.. I have no need to go to this inquest.. I'd rather just put it all behind me.

Anyway.. is an inquest the same as a trial.. do i HAVE to appear?

All I could find was this.. Penalties can be imposed on witnesses who, when asked, fail to attend the Coroner's court. does anyone know what type of penalties? I have called and left a message but will have to wait till tomorrow as seems they only work half days :roll:

sorry it's a bit long but I'm getting bit chewed with it .. thanks for reading :hug:

2. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

Can you ring the court and ask them if you have to attend?

3. Krystal

I spoke to them originally but they weren't too clear.. so i called and left a message today. hoping someone will call me back tomorrow or i'll call them but was wondering if anyone hee knew anything

4. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

5. Krystal

Thanks for the link leckershell.. will have a look :hug: