Help! HCG rising slow? Pls give your thoughts. :(

dee_BD_xox

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please help as I am now freaking out. :( I have had a past miscarriage and am worried the same is happening again. For reference the first day of my last period was December 23.

My HCG results are as follows:
• January 29 - 1671
• February 3 - 4600

That does not appear to be doubling every 2 to 3 days. :( Should I be worried?

thank you so much!

Try not to worry that is still a big difference in rising. Everyone increases differently. Will they take anymore bloods to check on rising? If not they must be satisfied all looks okay so far.

I hope your little bean is snuggling in nicely sending massive hugs. Xxx

Hi all,

Please help as I am now freaking out. :( I have had a past miscarriage and am worried the same is happening again. For reference the first day of my last period was December 23.

My HCG results are as follows:
• January 29 - 1671
• February 3 - 4600

That does not appear to be doubling every 2 to 3 days. :( Should I be worried?

thank you so much!

I agree that is slower than it should be but that doesn't always mean bad news. Is your doctor worried? Are you having a repeat test? x

Try not to worry that is still a big difference in rising. Everyone increases differently. Will they take anymore bloods to check on rising? If not they must be satisfied all looks okay so far.

I hope your little bean is snuggling in nicely sending massive hugs. Xxx

Thank you so much! Really trying not to worry too much but very scared. :(

I agree that is slower than it should be but that doesn't always mean bad news. Is your doctor worried? Are you having a repeat test? x

I have no plans for a repeat test and my doctor didn’t request this test. I requested it because I am so scared after losing the first. However, I am thinking about seeing him today and asking for another. Otherwise I wonder if I should just wait for the ultrasound....

I did read that HCG stops doubling after the first four weeks of pregnancy. And then can take up to 96 hours to double. Have you read that?

Also, I was getting a negative HPT test at the first day of my missed period. I wonder if that means anything.

Sorry bumping this. In case anyone has anything to add!
Very very very worried! Would love to hear anyone else’s experiences both positive or negative just for some peace of mind either way. Thank you!

How far are u? This is causing u alot of stress. I would go back to ur doctor get more bloods done or if u are on over 6 weeks then I would be looking at a private scan if ur doctor cant sort one out for u.

How far are u? This is causing u alot of stress. I would go back to ur doctor get more bloods done or if u are on over 6 weeks then I would be looking at a private scan if ur doctor cant sort one out for u.

I am now 6 weeks and 3 days I think (possibly 6 wks 2 days). I asked my doctor for a scan yesterday and he wants me to wait until 8 weeks... I got the clinic to bump the scan date up to February 11th atleast. My doctor isn't concerned about the numbers but he's not an obgyn and he says there is nothing we can do to save it at this point even if it is going sideways. I'm in Canada and our medical honestly isn't the best here for specialized stuff. I actually don't even have my own doctor - I just go and see the same doctor at a walk-in clinic.

I did get bloods again today though, so I will know something later this afternoon. I wish I had a proper doctor or someone I could discuss this with. :(

Did they take your HCG during pregnancy?

I don’t really know about slow rising hcg unfortunately but your doubling time is 3.5 days or 82 hrs dependant on if your blood was taken at the same time on both days, which seems normal to me. The higher the hcg the longer it takes to double, like you said up to 96hrs. I would also say if you were getting neg hpt on the day your period was due then it is possible you ovulated later and could be earlier on in the pregnancy than 6+3 weeks.
I had a blood test on Friday, but no others and it said 21000 hcg which I had read was super high for how far along I thought I was. I had a mirena coil and had a scan today that dated me as 6 weeks today, and one healthy bean so I must just produce a lot of hcg during pregnancy. Makes sense as to why I suffer with extreme sickness. So I was 5+2weeks when I had my blood done.

I have my fingers crossed your blood test today gives you more answers, it is horrible being in limbo x

I don’t really know about slow rising hcg unfortunately but your doubling time is 3.5 days or 82 hrs dependant on if your blood was taken at the same time on both days, which seems normal to me. The higher the hcg the longer it takes to double, like you said up to 96hrs. I would also say if you were getting neg hpt on the day your period was due then it is possible you ovulated later and could be earlier on in the pregnancy than 6+3 weeks.
I had a blood test on Friday, but no others and it said 21000 hcg which I had read was super high for how far along I thought I was. I had a mirena coil and had a scan today that dated me as 6 weeks today, and one healthy bean so I must just produce a lot of hcg during pregnancy. Makes sense as to why I suffer with extreme sickness. So I was 5+2weeks when I had my blood done.

I have my fingers crossed your blood test today gives you more answers, it is horrible being in limbo x

Thank you! That makes me feel better. I did read the 96 hours but I'm still not confident given that it's not on the great side of things at all. I was hoping this time around things would go really well in all ways so I don't have to worry, but oh well! That is true. I am now curious why I got the negative on the first day of being late. Maybe again just to do with the slower rising HCG.

Ah you are so lucky your HCG is so high! And made it past the mirena coil! I know morning sickness must not be fun, but I actually really wish I had it! I currently have no symptoms and only had sore breasts for a bit on and off. :S Did you have your symptoms come on immediately when your period would have been due (sorry I don't know what mirena coil does exactly)?

Thanks for your reply. xoxo

If you got a negative when your period was due you will have ovulated later than you think you did. You're probably not as far along as you think you are.

If you got a negative when your period was due you will have ovulated later than you think you did. You're probably not as far along as you think you are.

My main concern is that I'm not doubling every 48 to 72 hours. Instead, I seem to be doubling every 3.5 days (it was exactly 115 hours between my two tests). I've read forums and what not on people who had slower rising HCGs and it didn't look to good. Also, my numbers are high in any event even if they were doubling. :( Ugh.... I'm waiting on the results of a third test and I am SO scared.

Just got my results of 6382... so that is a 39% rise. Yikes. Thoughts anyone?

My doctor won't call me... I just check online.

I know, but you said you were wondering why you got a negative when your period was late so I was just explaining that. :)

Hm, is that new result with 2 or 3 days between? It isn't much of an increase but it's still going up so hopefully it'll be ok. All you can do is wait until youre far enough along for a scan I'm afraid :( x

I know, but you said you were wondering why you got a negative when your period was late so I was just explaining that. :)

Hm, is that new result with 2 or 3 days between? It isn't much of an increase but it's still going up so hopefully it'll be ok. All you can do is wait until youre far enough along for a scan I'm afraid :( x

It is 48 hours between. Is that bad?

Did you get yours checked?

Maybe you should book an early scan for around 7 weeks. It may make you less anxious and put your mind at rest a little.

It is 48 hours between. Is that bad?

Did you get yours checked?

They only check once here unless you're doing IVF or have had recurrent miscarriages. If it's at a reasonable level they leave you to it. I think it causes too much stress to be checking it over and over. You need to have a scan asap to help you feel better. x

Everyone’s HCG is going to be different, so I think you just need to relax a little and not stress yourself out too much.

Your numbers are increasing which is a positive that they’re going in the right direction xx

I just had first ultrasound and wasn’t great. :( measuring my pregnancy at 5.5 weeks not 6.3 or so (my cycles are VERY regular).

I also have a large sub chronic bleeding.

I have to come back for more tests but they basically confirmed it’s not ectopic but told me to prepare to miscarry.

I’m honestly devastated and I feel like I wonder why life is so hard on me (I had a tougher upbringing and then lived some not so great lifestyles following then). I try and be a positive person but it seems like life really likes to test me. I’d just love for once for something in my life to go really right. I thought being pregnant so quickly after my blighted ovum in October that this would... but no. :( ugh sorry I’m just being a sap right now!

So sorry Hun, I had a blighted ovum too, it was a horrible experience and I’d had a very early miscarriage a few months before that too, it was just a run of bad luck as this is for you, there’s no reason why you won’t have a successful pregnancy, and it’s not 100% certain that this one will fail yet, wishing you lots of luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back