Help! HCG doubling every 3 days. Get a second opinion?

dee_BD_xox

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am back again! I would love some input as I have been reading very scary stories online, and I am shocked my doctor is not concerned. Brief background - I live in Canada where it is actually quite difficult to get any special medical assistance. I found a new doctor to handle this pregnancy as my last two (both ended in MC) were handled by a walk-in clinic doctor. Anyway, I requested HCG monitoring following the last two losses and my numbers are not doubling every 48 hours as I hear they should - they are doubling about every 73 hours instead. The doctor was not concerned and told me to wait for ultrasound but I have seen similar numbers end up ectopic! I don't understand why she doesn't care about the 48 hour rule...

Should I try and seek another opinion (possibly call around to OB GYNs)?

Jan 5 - 1233 HCG (5 weeks 1 day)

Jan 7 - 1942 HCG (5 weeks 3 days)

Thank you ladies! I am a little scared right now. :(

Hi!

I would honestly trust your doctor. They probably see this often if they aren’t concerned.

if it’s really bothering you, you can get a second opinion but normally HCG doubles every 48-72 hours. I’ve never heard of a strict 48 hour.

I had hcg monitoring in my first pregnancy due to bleeding.

Mine never doubles evey two days. Alwayd took at least 3 sometimes more. And I now have a healthy almost 9 month old.

Good luck xx

Thank you ladies! That is very encouraging to hear.. I've googled a bit and read mostly negatives, so hearing some positive stories really helps as I've decided to wait...

I don't have too much hope as this seems very similar to my last pregnancy which ended in a MMC.... this is even with a different father than the previous 2. Very confused but I guess I will see what happens! We got pregnant first month trying so that was encouraging at least...

Thank you! xoxox

I have no pain or bleeding or anything yet, but also absolutely zero pregnancy symptoms... I just hope I have a sticky one sooner than later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back