Help! Food poisoning or stomach bug at 10weeks

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by rach4910, Jun 8, 2016.

1. rach4910

rach4910 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I think I have either a tummy bug or food poisoning. Couldn't keep anything down yesterday and was vomiting and had diaorhea. No fever or aches and pains though. I've now panicked myself that it's affected the baby. Anyone else had it and things been ok?
    X

2. Rhiandell

Rhiandell Well-Known Member

I don't want to scare you, but I think you should call the doctor immediately. Some types of food poisoning can be really dangerous when you are pregnant, while others are harmless. Better safe than sorry, so you always want to check.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

3. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Generally dehydration is the biggest risk. Lysteria is dangerous for the baby but usually only has mild symptoms in the mother.

4. Gem212

Gem212 Well-Known Member

Ive had stomach bugs in all of my pregnancies as have other children in the house, the midwife told me the baby is like a parasite and would be fine, you just have to make sure you rehydrated. Usually with food poisoning you would feel really really unwell. If your unsure though call the midwife, hope you feel better soon xxx