Help! Do i continue drugs from ivf or not?

star101

Reaction score
Hopefully I can get some opinions on this here but I am going to contact the midwife tomorrow too.

I'm 13 weeks pg with twins from ivf. I've been on fragmin injections, progesterone pessaries and prednisolone up to now. When I was discharged from the ivf clinic at 8 weeks they said I would probably stay on these for longer than 12 weeks as I have twins.

My gp prescribed them from 8 to 13 weeks up to my first consultant appointment today. Unfortunately there was some medical crisis with a patient while I was in the waiting room this morning and the consultant got taken away for surgery. This wasn't explained really and I didn't realise I wouldn't see him at all. I saw another doctor who was also rushing to be in surgery who immediately said I could stop all of the drugs now. When I said what the ivf clinic had said he then prescribed me a bunch of progesterone for 6 weeks? I am a bit disturbed at how quick the decisions were made as he needed to get out of the room to go to surgery. I am worried to just stop the others as I have no idea if they are still supporting my pregnancy to any degree. It all seemed too rushed.

Anyone else with a twin pregnancy on these drugs, how long did you stay on them? Mine are each on their own placenta btw.

Thanks, can't sleep now over this xx

(I don't know but there's two twin mummy's to be via ivf in 3rd tri right now who may be better to ask if you get no answers here. If you go into the pregnancy forum under twin mummies 2016 they both chat there along with some others too. There's also a thread for fertility treatment mummies too. Wish I could help more but I'm not sure!)

Last edited:
Thanks Ery I'll try that too! Managed to sleep after I posted so that was something at least!

I had IVF but not a twin pregnancy. I was only on progesterone. I would contact the IVF clinic directly for advice. I would be more inclined to follow their advice than that of the GP. I'm sure its just fine but always best to make sure with the most qualified people xx

I was going to suggest the same thing about contacting the IVF clinic directly. I hope you get some better support.

Hi again, just to follow up my panic post (!) before, my fertility clinic say to stay on the progesterone until 28 weeks but can stop the fragmin and wean off the prednisolone. I can also stop the baby aspirin they had me on. Feeling much better now about it now and delighted to get rid of some of the drugs. Thanks for your comments on this. The other thing I learnt this weekend is that it's hard to contact anyone if it's not a weekday or an absolute emergency. Luckily had enough drugs to get me to today to get a definitive answer so all good. Thanks for all your help ladies x

Good you got a clear answer and plan for the rest of the pregnancy!!!good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back