Help! Can't remember what midwife said... **Update** 17.50

Verity2011

Reaction score
Had my 32 week MW appointment yesterday. All is great, still measuring a little ahead but nothing to worry about - yay! I mentioned though that I've been getting very severe rib pain on my right hand side that radiates round to my back. I'm pretty sure it's muscular as everything else is absolutely fine with me but the MW said I need to keep an eye on it in case it is ...........................???!!!!??? I can't remember!

I was wondering if anyone else would know what this could be a sign of that they might be worried about just so I can keep track. It had two words I think...

Last edited:
It could be that she said you need to just keep an eye out in case it is pre eclampsia. With pre eclampsia you can get upper epigastric pain on the right hand side. If you experience any other symptoms like headaches, seeing flashing lights, and generally feeling unwell then give your midwife a call xx

If u can't remember just give her a call they r used to baby brain xxx

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

Thank you so much! It was epigastric pain she was talking about!!!!! Hopefully I just have a muscular pain! xxxxx

Last edited:
It could be that she said you need to just keep an eye out in case it is pre eclampsia. With pre eclampsia you can get upper epigastric pain on the right hand side. If you experience any other symptoms like headaches, seeing flashing lights, and generally feeling unwell then give your midwife a call xx

Thanks again ladies, and for the info wannabmummy. Called the midwife as I have had a couple of other symptoms you listed and have to go into hospital to get checked out - hopefully all the symptoms are unrelated and everythings fine.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed it isn't pre eclyampsia, keep us updated xx

Oh good luck honey. Hope everything is ok when you get there. Xx

Hope everythings ok xx i went in last week because of high blood pressure and seeing flashing spots but blood tests were negative xx

Back from triage and everything is fine! YAY! They were so nice and thorough and seemed worried about the ribcage pain to start off with but after all the tests they told me I was the picture of health. The obstetrician examined me and is pretty sure it's swelling of the cartilage between the ribs which is causing the pain but it should ease at some point when baby drops. She was also very good at explaining how painful it is to OH and said when your wife tells you it feels like she's cracked her ribcage she's putting it nicely.

So all in all great news and cub was very wriggly - now just for the pain to go LOL! Thanks so much ladies xxxxx

Last edited:
Great news that all is well... Fingers crossed the pain goes quickly for you. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back