HELP AM I OR NOT

cholly

Reaction score
Hello i'm new here, just need some advise, i'm 7 days late this month but have done 3 pregnancy test and all are negative. i have been feeling a little sick all day and my breast and tummy feel tender. am i or not can anyone help. all advise is much apprieciated as i'm so confussed
by it all. :?

Hi

My advise would be to get a vlood test at the doctors. Sometimes home tests dont detect but a blood test is more sensitive.

Good luck!! :wink:

Kim

Hi, Cholly

I am in a similar situation - I am 5 days late and tested twice already both of them negitive. I'm tempted to test probably at the weekend and then go to the doctors next week if still no sign.

Good luck and baby dust to you.
Sheree

thank you both for your postive responses, i think i'm driving my partner made with all the i want another baby talk. still not on. so desperatly want to be pregnant this time. i think i'm going to wait until the middle of next week and try my last test if it is still negative i will get a blood test done at the doctors i will let you know how i get on.
it so nice to know i'm not the only one having problems concieving.
me and my partner have been trying for 4 months now, we already have a little boy now nearly 4 and thought it would be easy to conceive the second time as we got pregnant 1st time with him ( how wrong were we) i konw 4 months isn't long but when you have got your heart set on it, it seems like a life time. it makes it harder as my little boy is desperate for a sibling to play with and asks nearly ever week have you got a baby in your tummy yet!
best of luck to both of you please keep me posted with any updates!

Hi, cholly

One consilation is that we are all in the same boat. I'm hoping to book myself into the doctors tomorrow for a blood test - or at least get my bloated stomach seen to as it is now driving me crazy - i've had awful period like cramps all week with it but still no sign of af.

Do you know if it is possible to test negitive several times and then still be pg? I've heard it is possibe to have low hormone levels which do not register????

Good luck - baby dust to you.
Sheree

Sheree,
i think it is possible for you to test negative early on i did with my little boy i took 7 test until i found out i was pregnant with him.
:( i have started to spot this evening so think af is on its way, can't help feeling depressed by the whole thing, i really thought i was this time. back to the drawing broad again i suppose, any tips on the best time to try as we have been told to try mid cycle then the doctor told me last month we should try at the begining as most people try to late :? i'm sooo confused by the whole thing.
let me know the results of the blood test good luck!
baby dust to you too
Cholly

thanks for that. Hopefully you are having an implentation bleed - fingers crossed.
i know how you feel that it can be quite depressing but i'm trying to stay positive - my sister fell pg within 2 months but yet my sister in law it took 4 years and she's just given birth about 5 weeks ago no. I read somewhere that it is best to try at least every 3 days and we were every other day.

I will keep you informed. Take care
Sheree

sheree,
I'm not pregnant this month but have decided that it wasn't a bad thing as it would be a christmas baby and who in there right mind wants to have a baby 5 days before christmas lol! ( i wouldn't mind really )
both me and my partner were convinced this month so it has hit us
hard :( we had a little cry this morning and are both now looking forward to my af finishing so we can start again! every other days sounds great i told my partner and he agreed. i will keep you posted!
hope all goes well with the blood test fingers crossed.
Cholly

Hi, cholly,

sorry to here you got af. There is always next month and plenty of practising in between!!!!

I'm still waiting for mine - af is now 6 days late (from the latest) with no signs of even making an effect of coming. So I went to the doctors tonight and he wants me to have a blood test just to make sure. I have been suffering with severe bloating for the last 3 weeks which i linked to coming off the pill or being pg but the doctor seems to think it could be due to a water infection.

I'm hoping the blood test shows a BFP but I have a feeling its going to be a negative - keep trying to tell myself not to get too excited so I am then not so disappointed.

Sheree

Hi sheree,
Have you had the blood tests yet or are you having them soon?
good luck with the bloods let me know how you get on!
you should remain positive about it i know it's hard but i'm a firm believer of if it is meant to be it is meant to be!( if you know what i mean )
everything happens for a reason.
i have been doing some research on the net just lately as i have pco and wanted some more info, i found out the drugs they prescribed me (metformin) could improve my chances of getting a bfp, but i stopped taking them 6 months ago because they were making me feel really ill. anything is worth a try now, so i'm going to get in at the dr's monday and get some more ( so fingers crossed)
i hope you don't mind me asking but how long have you been trying for a baby and is it your first? ( you don't have to answer either of those questions if you don't want to)
we thought we would have real problems conceiving with louis( my little boy ) but got pregnant 1st time. i had a lot of complications will i was pregnant (i lost louis twin an bleed alot). and when louis was born, he was born with a 3rd ear canel so had to have major surgery @ 10 months that was really difficult to come to terms with as the defect had happened while he was inside me. he has had a couple of scares over the last few years but got discharged this january we knew he would. it took us a long time to decide to try for another one, it was louis that made the final decision as he keeps asking for a sibling so here we are trying again only it is not proving that sucessful at the moment.
once again good luck with the bloods! and baby dust to you
Cholly

Hi, Cholly

Thanks for the support. Good to here that your son has now been discharged, it sounds like he is a wonderful little chap. keep your chin up for #2, sure he/she will come your way very soon. Just enjoy the practising!!! - my husbands walking around with a a permenant smile on his face at the mo.

I came off the pill (trinordial) in mid february and trying for our first baby (no worries about asking). We've been married for 4 years in october as my sister and sister in law have both had babies in the past 12 months it got us a little broody. I've wanted to start a family for a while but husband wanted to make sure we are financially secure and the house sorted (don't you just hate it when the talk sense!!) which we are now. We've completely gutted the house, spent a fortune/ saved a fortune so we are now in a position to start ttc.

I had my usual 28 day bleed once i came off the pill in feb, then another 30 days later and i'm currently awaiting my next one still - we are going off in our caravan shortly and moving that into position to leave generally brings on my af so we will see what happens. I am hoping to have my blood test tomorrow and I also have to take a water test as the doctor seems to think the bloating i have is due to a water infection. I will keep you informed.

Take care
Regards Sheree

I advise that you go to the docs for a blood test. Pregnancy tests are sensetive but dont always do the job. x

Dani
thank you for your reply but unfortunalty i got my af on thursday of last week, just waiting for it to finish to get straight back at it again
Cholly

Sheree,
any news yet has you af arrived now you have put the caravan in place( i hope not) nice weather for it yesturday.
My partner is enjoying the practising too, he keeps saying it's like having his birthday every other day lol!
i have told him to make the most of it as i won't want him anywhere near me for at least 6 weeks once the baby is born.
hope you had a good time yesturday, we took louis to an air museum and then went for a walk along the canal, we just couldn't believe our luck with the weather not a drop of rain.
keep me posted! speak to you soon
Cholly

when do you get the results of your blood test shez? I'm 6days late now but still -

don't know whats going on :?

Hi, cholly

Nice hereing from you - sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday and yes certainly the weather for it.

Well we moved the caravan ready for our jollies later in week and still no sign of af - went for a blood test this morning and hospital said that i would have results by tea time today at my surgery - when i rang though later they had not received them so i have to ring again tomorrow morning. i hate this waiting game. i have some really bad cramps tonight and my stomach as come up again (it seemed to go down yesterday a bit). i'm getting quite annoyed with it now. i have some bad heartburn as well which is something i rarely get. if af is coming i wish it would get on with it - knowing my luck it will start the day i go on holiday!!!

Sounds like you partner is enjoying himself!!! Wish it was the same here - i've got the mother in law stopping!!!

Take care
Sheree

Hi sherre
how frustrating having to wait until tomorrow do they not know how important it is. we all need to know.
my partner has now informed me he believes we won't get pregnant this month as i have become obsessed with the this forum, commenting we have to do the bd to conceive and we can't do it virtually lol
sorry to hear about your lodger, mother in laws can be quite a pain in the neck it has only taken my partners mum 13 years to actually admit she thinks i'm good for him not bad maybe in another 13 years she will believe i'm a good mother aswell lol! shes not that bad ( really good with our little boy and he loves her to bits)

please let me know your results and have a good holiday

take care
cholly

Hope you both have some joy soon.

I hate waiting too. My cramping has kinda gone atm. When do you think i should test again?

As Cholly said, let us know how you get on!! I'm dying to know!

Vicky xx

Vicky,
i would wait until tomorrow but then again 'im the worse person to ask as i have been covinced i'm pregnant every month.
if the test is a bfn then you should go to the dr's to get a blood test at least you will defiantly know then.
i hope you are!
please keep me posted
baby dust to you
Cholly

Thanks Cholly.

I think i'll test again on wed morning. will let you know how i get on.

how long do you have to wait before you O again?

Hope it's not too much of a wait for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back