HELP.....am i entitled????

hels

Reaction score
Hi girls just a quick one.....am i entitled to paid time off for
parent craft etc???? im sure iam and midwife said iam... my line manager has said no way. i want every wed am off. im possitive im entitled...please help asap, so i can confront her today!!!
i cant call any help lines cos she'll hear me!!!!
quick replies needed LOL!!!!!

Hi Hels,

Tell your boss to stop being a K**bhead!! You are def. allowed reasonable time off no matter how long you have been with the company.
Have a look at this web site http://www.acas.co.uk/ it's very good.

My company are trying it on too just because i'm part-time. They have said that any appointments should be made on my days off, as i'm entitled to paid time off that's exactly what i'm going to do, the company have taken the p**s for too long now and i'm not standing for it anymore. Saying that i'm not making every single appointment during work time so they really can't complain.

Don't let your boss get away with it.

Good luck.
Nicki.xx

take a look at www.maternityalliance.org.uk

yes you are entitled to paid time off for antenatal care, which can include parentcraft/antenatal classes.

(my MW was nice enough to even write me a letter to say she recommended aquanatal classes as part of my antenatal care, and my boss was ok with that (even though strictly speaking they are not necessary...)

you are well within your right to have that time off, AND paid for!

here's what i found on the above website:
Can I take paid time off for Antenatal Care and what does 'Antenatal Care' cover?
Yes, if you are an employee you have the right to reasonable time off work for antenatal care and you have the right to be paid for this time off. The term 'Antenatal Care' can include time off for parentcraft or relaxation classes as long as they are taken on the advice of your midwife or doctor.

Hey girls...thanks so much for your quick replies. much appriciated.
I have made a sneaky call to ACAS, who were great. sending me booklet and told me i am entitled to the time off paid as we all know i am entitled LOL.
Its just another thing that has upset me regarding work, its really stressing me out....ahhhhhhh...work and stress in same sentance, and pregnant.....mmmmm paid work related stress!!! ideas for time off!!!! lol. SORRY so angry with work. :cry:

Hi

I'm working as a temp and even I have to be paid for antenatal time by the temping agency. :D

Hi Hels,

Did you speak to your boss? What did she say?
If your job is really stressing you out go to your docs and ask to be signed off for a bit, nothings worth risking your babies health.

Take care, relax and try not to let work get you down, I know what it's like - a pain in the ar*e!! :lol:

Nicki.x :D

thanks guys... not spoken to her yet, i have "supervision" at 10 see we will see then what she has to say. As the head of HR i just cant see how they will be able to say no! kind of hoping they will though so i can finally act on their total innapropriateness.
Thanks for all your support!!
will keep you posted .......

Hels
I had a s**t of an ex boss who I am taking to a tribunal at the moment. My dr signed me off with stress due to his behaviour, but I had to live off of SSP which wasn't ideal. I don't know what your sickness benefits are.

You are entitled to paid time off for antenatal care as everyone has said. It seems like they are really dragging their feet over this so if they don't agree, raise a grievance. Then you can take them to a tribunal for sexual discrimination, which is what they are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back