HELP, agnus castus given me positive opk before af ?

lillith112

Reaction score
Gosh, I started taking agnus castus at 4dpo, had strong positive opk usual time cd13. Well blow me down I'm now 11dpo due af this Sunday and have a positive opk again, ummm I have no idea what's going on, is agnus castus supposed to do that ?. Have I buggered up my cycles by taking it after ovulation. ? xx

I don't think the ac would do that. Some women get positive opk before af (I have done before) or you could be pregnant. Have you done a preg test xx

Some ladies have high LH before AF, as lisey says some ladies will also test positive of ovulation when they are pregnant. The other option is you didn't actually ovulate the first time, you can have the surge but not release the egg, and then your body may try again. I get this now and again, I get a surge but no egg, then my body tries again later, usually 10-20 days later and I'll get another surge and so on until I finally release the egg.

I took AC for several months and my cycles did actually go more regular, I took it all the way through my cycle. Some people stop at ovulation but I could find no studies to prove that was a good thing, just gossip on forums.

I don't think the ac would do that. Some women get positive opk before af (I have done before) or you could be pregnant. Have you done a preg test xx

Hi Lisey, I've been using opks for a long while now and always had feint lines before or after af, never had a positive. I've done a cheapo preg test and it was negative. The agnus castus has also made my boobs sore. It's very odd, my skin usually goes bit red and blotchy before af but its not like that, it's more like it is first half of my cycle. Who knows.
Thanks Snowbee, I will carry on with the ac and hope I get af at some point.I just hope to god I haven't buggered my cycles up. x

Well girls quick update, I did another pregnancy test this morning at 12 dpo and got a BFP, omg, I'm in absolute shock after 20 months ttc at the age of 44, I'd given up hope and only dtd once this month on day of positive opk but I ovulated the day before so thought id missed it. Literally had no idea i was pregnant, OMG lol. xx

HOLY SHIT!!! Well done! Thats amazing! Im so happy for you!!!! xxxx

OMG!!!Lillith!!!!! Congratulations lovely!!! Post a pic please !!!! xxxxxxxx

LOL...errrm definitely a Holy shit moment, I'm still shaking I can't believe it, thankyou so much girls, never give up hope. Love to you all. xxx

Attachments

• WP_20160923_09_10_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160923_09_10_55_Pro.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 15
Hey lillith, fantastic news . It was the agnus castus . Well saying that because I used it in 2014 and got a bfp after 10years xxx o I am so happy for you xxx

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Watch us all run out and buy agnus castus now lol

I have actually looked into it several times, but I am always wary of taking anything that can directly affect cycles. I never really thought mine were that irregular to warrant taking it, but as they have been varying from 26-30 days I really dont know anymore....

Hey lillith, fantastic news . It was the agnus castus . Well saying that because I used it in 2014 and got a bfp after 10years xxx o I am so happy for you xxx

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Well I started taking the AC 4 days after ovulation so doubt it was that. I'm still taking it so don't know if I should stop ?. I can tell you I've been taking Ubiquinol for around 3 months, folate 8000mcg and a multivitamin mineral from boots with good bacteria in it. Also had the odd raspberry leaf tea and beetroot.
I still can't believe it, off to buy more frer before school run lol xxx

Watch us all run out and buy agnus castus now lol

I have actually looked into it several times, but I am always wary of taking anything that can directly affect cycles. I never really thought mine were that irregular to warrant taking it, but as they have been varying from 26-30 days I really dont know anymore....

I'm very wary too Staces, but thought what have I got to lose, I tried everything else. It wasn't the AC anyway must be a miracle for sure lol. xxx

I would personally stop the AC now that you're preggers :) Have you worked out your due date? xx

I would personally stop the AC now that you're preggers :) Have you worked out your due date? xx

No I'm still in shock, not worked any dates out. I'll check when cd1 was, is that how they work it out ?. I had a positive opk on 10th September I think it was. xx

The 29th of August was cd1, positive opk 10th September bbd that one day xxxxxxxxxxxx

The calculators usually let you work out from CD1 or ov day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back