HELP....16 week doctors appointment

bulb

Reaction score
Hey all,

Silly question but what should I expect at my 16wk appointment?? Its with the GP and fortunately I managed to get in with the lady doctor.
I know she's gonna tet my urine, but dont know what else to expect!!

HELP!!!

normaly they test you wee, take your blood pressure, maybe offer you blood tests if you havant already had them done, sometimes they weigh you and ask if you need to know anything :)
oh they may try to listen to babys heartbeat some wont as it still might be too early to pick it up easily :)
manda xx

Hiya I had mine not long ago.

I had my blood taken for spina bifida, downs sybdrome and stds.
Weight
Blood Pressure
Sample of urine checked
Fundal height (where uterus has grown to)

This is in Scotland so don't know if it's different where you are. Hope that helps xx

Take your wee as they will always dip your urine.

Blood pressure always. Maybe weight, maybe measure your fundal height, but not a given. I've not been weighed at 12, 16, 20 or 24 weeks :lol:

Other than that, not much. Bloods for testing but I had those done at 12 weeks, but each area if different. If you had them done at 12 weeks, chances are you won't have them now.

Also if you have had bloods taken and were awaiting results, they tend to only contact you if there is a problem. So no news is good news.

When I had bloods at 12 weeks I didn't hear anything and at my next GP and MW appointment neither of them mentioned it, so I took it to mean all was well. Didn't bother chasing it up.

Hey, yeah they check urine sample, bp,
at mine they listened to the babies heartbeat
possibly measure belly (fundal height)
possibly bloods if not previosuly taken

Mine was pretty much the same as everyone elses. I had it at 18+4 because I didn't book early enough in advance to get an appointment before that.
She took my blood pressure, offered blood tests (I took some but turned down the ones for Spina bifidia and Downs), checked urine, measured fundal height and listened to baby's heartbeat for the first time :cheer: She asked how I was doing. I think that's it :D

Hi Bulb
I oppted out of the 16week appointment as id decided i did not wont to have the down's tests as if baby dose have it i will love him just as much.

What everyone else said is whats happens
Id just like to say goodluck at you appointment and hearing your little ones heart beat. If you havnt already its wonderfull

Lol Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back