Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Naranja, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Naranja

Naranja Active Member

Hi, I am back on here some 8 or so years after I last used this site while TTC and pregnant with my first. I didn't think I'd be doing the forums again after finding out I was pregnant with my planned third baby as after having two children, life is a bit busy and also, I thought I was pretty clued up on all of this.

But then yesterday as I have been really sick with a stomach bug we decided to go and have a early scan to check all is OK as I still have a while to wait for my booking appointment and we were given the shock news that baby 3 is actually 3 and 4. So I am back here again to find out how others cope with the pregnancy (definitely going to to be high risk as l have had pre-eclampsia twice, will be 40 at birth and now multiple pregnancy - yikes!!) and then the madness of life afterwards with 4 kids - two being twin babies!! We can't help hysterically laughing at the madness of it all right now!

#1 Naranja, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    mummybear2 likes this.
  2. Jac2019

Jac2019 Well-Known Member

Awwww congratulations. What a surprise twins. Did you have any symptoms that it could be any heightened symptoms or just a complete surprise and shock. Hope you are okay and will look forward to following your posts. So extra special when you know 2 little ones are growing inside you. Hope it is a happy and healthy 9months xxx

3. Naranja

Naranja Active Member

Thank you! Well I had a really bad stomach bug for a few weeks which had me sleeping and vomiting anything and everything I tried up so any symptoms until now have been masked. I'm 9w+3d and now the bug has gone I feel queasy all the time. But no worse than with my first and no more tired that usual. I feel pretty bloated in the stomach but I did with my second too quite early on. I got pretty huge with him whereas I had only a tiny bump with my daughter the first time around. I am really excited...just very worried about the financial side. we both work full time and had factored in 1 set of nursery fees for a few years. All that needs looking at again now... Eek...can't believe I am going to be a mother of 4!!

4. Jac2019

Jac2019 Well-Known Member

That is amazing though a surprise at first but think somehow people always manage to cut down on something to get the money for something else.
    Greta your stomach bug has gone though that in tip of pregnancy symptoms must have been very draining.
    Hope it is a healthy pregnancy and again a massive congratulations xxx

Naranja likes this.
  5. Naranja

Naranja Active Member

Thank you!

6. mummybear2

mummybear2 Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Congratulations what a surprise!!
    I’m sure you will be fine! I think you will adapt very quickly, especially since you’ve done it all before. But I totally understand why it would be daunting.
    Hopefully you have a smooth pregnancy without too many complications.

7. Naranja

Naranja Active Member

Thanks Mummybear2! Here's hoping...

mummybear2 likes this.
  8. timmy88

timmy88 New Member

ooooo these are the surprises life brings us! I think you are good parents and can handle everything! believe in you