Hello!

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've decided to sit in WTT for a while.

My story:

Met my OH in October 2008.
We decided (after moving in together) that we wented to start TTC a baby in December 2009 so I came off the pill. By June 2010 we had had no luck, I was having very long and varied cycles so after some research I decided to try taking Agnus Castus to shorten my cycles in the hope of our long awaited BFP.

3 shorter cycles later and BAM a BFP! :dance::)

I had a very run of the mill pregnancy from start to finish.

The birth was a bit harrowing and was 42hrs from start to finish which ended up in a forceps delivery but ....

Our beautiful Son Jack was born on 20.6.2011 fit and healthy weighing 7lb 11oz. He's the best thing we have ever done, we absolutley adore him!

9 days after giving birth I had really bad back pains for about 20mins that spread round my right side and across my stomach. I just put it down to after birth pains. It happened again on day 12 and then when Jack was 3 weeks old I was violently sick and was also suffering from terrible night sweats. We went to A&E and I was suffering from pancreatitus, a swollen liver & I had gall stones. The Doc's were surprised I hadn't collapsed!! I was admitted there and then for 2 days (hated leaving Jack) and told i'd need to have my gall blader removed using keyhole surgery! :shock:

I was admitted again when Jack was 10 weeks old because I couldn't control the gall stone attacks.

Finally on 4th Novemeber I had my surgery and have been back to full health since! :)

So now i'm in here waiting to TTC a Brother or Sister for Jack. We're going to start trying some time in April (whenever my pill pack ends).

Hope to see some of you in TTC :) x

Thanks for sharing your story! Good luck for the trying in April :) xxxx

Ooooooo Good Luck!!!! Glad you're back fighting fit now hun!!

We start in April too - Hoping for an 'end of tour baby' and thats our first full month!!

FX crossed pet!!
XXX

Hii everyone!

TTC was on the cards for a while but now me and the OH have decided it is what we want! So after my pill runs out in March sometime (3 months supply) we are officially going to start trying :)

Any advice? I suffer from a mild case of PCOS so I'm bracing myself for a bit of a wait but fingers crossed! We were debating waiting until around June but as things are going well in my new job (the thing that was making us think about waiting) we are going for it a little sooner

Sometimes I feel myself getting a little anxious and nervous about it all, is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Hello clairebear :wave:, my story is somewhat similar to yours. My little boy was born 13/01/11. From 26/27 weeks i was getting terrible pain and they thought i had a lung clot and i spent 2 weeks in hospital having tests.

They found that I had gall stones aggravated by the pregnacy and the fact I have Crohns desease too didnt help. I couldnt have the gall bladder removed till after i'd had Joseph. I had to be induced as I was in so much discomfort at 39 weeks, the labour was long and i needed an epidural in the end i couldnt cope.

3 weeks after he was born I had a major gall bladder attack, the worst pain i've ever had worse than the labour. I couldnt breath or move I had to have gas n air in my living room.

I had my gall bladder out end of march last year and i've been fine since, we are loving our little man and we want to try for another after our wedding in July. I just hope if i'm lucky enough to conceive everything goes smoothly :x

I'm coming off mycrogynon in june so see what happens. :)

Hi Bidsy!

I found out after having Jack that gall stones are extremely common in pregnant women!! I had no symptoms at all while I was pregnant in fact I remember moaning that my pregnancy was boring because nothing exciting happened!! I regret saying that now haha.

You're so right the attacks are far worse than labour! The worst one I had was the night before my surgery, it lasted 6 hours and I was on the floor in agony for most of it! I ended up panting through most of it because it really restricts your breathing! I skipped into the theatre the next morning and I came home about 5 hours after having the surgery!

We're now deciding whether to come off the pill in April or whether to wait until the end of the year because we'll be moving house around then and i'm not sure if I want to be heavily pregnant when we do. Having said that I want a close age gap between my babies and OH is still open to the idea of TTC in April so we'll see x

Hi clairebear! I remember you from the trimester sections, my little boy was due 24th July but came on 15th June :/ were hoping to start trying in a few months for Solomon to be about 2 when next baby comes but were not very responsible so do a pregnancy test pretty much every month anyway! All the best and baby dust to everyone trying over next few months!

Hi Claire :wave:

I also remember you from the tri sections and I remember Toni too!

We're also going to start trying again soon but, like Toni, we aren't very responsible :blush:
I think we will officially start trying in May as the in laws are arriving for 5 weeks between March and April...not quite sure we want to be trying when they're staying in the next bedroom! :lol:

I was lucky in that it only took 4 months to conceive last time so fingers crossed it will be as quickly next time!

Good luck!

Looking forward to seeing you in TTC soon! xx

Last edited:
Hi Lucia! The old gang back together haha, see u in ttc! X

It'll be really nice to have some old faces sharing experiences again! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members