Hello Im new to this ...

MrsCow

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a brand new forum user, so please bear with me!
Just a bit about myself, I have 2 little boys, nearly 5 and nearly 2. My dh and i decided we would like a third and thought we had better get cracking as he 48 and me 41 and lo and behold first try and found we were pregnant! We couldnt believe it. Then 2 weeks ago when i was 9 weeks pregnant i started bleeding and to cut long story short was sent to epu where they scanned and found sack but no baby and sent me home to miscarry naturally. We both devastated, couple of days later bleeding and pain was so bad, ended up in a&e, then on ward where they managed to get sack out and bleeding calmed down and was sent home.
Think now we coming to terms with it and feeling a bit more positive about future ( we would like to try again), but as we not getting any younger, am worried it might happen again or we may struggle to concieve.
Any other ladies about the same age as me who have similar worries?

Hiya...

i don't have any experience of what you've gone through but just wanted say hello :wave: and hope you get some advice and support from some of the ladies on here with similar experiences.. it sounds like you've been through alot in the last few weeks but nice to hear that you are feeling a bit more positive about the future :)

Hi I'm 39...I had mc at 11 weeks 5yrs ago baby died at 8 weeks.....I lost twins at 11 weeks last year, they just found 2 empty sacs and thought that babies died very early and got absorbed back into my body. Just over a week ago I gave birth to my little boy at 16 weeks, he died at 14 weeks...so I understand the pain of losing.

For about 13 yrs I couldn't get pregnant, the mc 5yrs ago was a huge surprise. The last two years though I seemed to get pregnant easy.....both times were a happy accident....I just have trouble holding onto my little angels, it's only after having 3 mcs that they are finally willing to look into what might be causing them.

Closing in on 40 I feel like my time is running out....I also have arthritis and the medication they want to put me on causes spontaneous abortion. They gave me a two year window to have a baby before they insist I go on tabs....so I am really up against it....and it is so depressing. I feel quite useless....

I was blessed with a daughter 18yrs ago but would so love another....

Thankyou for ur lovely posts, one day at a time eh? Good luck to you TeeUK, what a horrible experience, am so sorry for ur loss, hope you stay in good health and fulfil ur dream xxx

hey lovely sorry cant relate with being over 40 but i have lost a baby too so :hugs: i am so sorry hun, there are plently of ladies your age in the TTC journals though! and me!!!

Hi Hun, I'm 33 so can't relate age wise, but i do relate to your loss. I lost my angel baby at 8 weeks roughly but found out at the 11 week scan and had a medically managed mc. However it happens it s tough process and i don't think anything makes any of it easier. But i found being on here helped and still helps :hug:

Hi hun,

I am soon to be 32 and have had 3 losses - makes me very worried that I left it too late but I try to keep positive.

One loss doesn't mean you will have another so please view any future pregnancy as a totally new and different experience.

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks so much everyone, much respect to you all for being so positive.
For me when we told that there only sack to see on scan and no baby I had prepared myself as had been bleeding for 2 days and knew that I would go through wide range of emotions ( and hubby too, he wasnt xpectin that !), but I reallty didnt xpect the physical pain that I got as mc happened. I found really traumatic but had not too bad xperience from most staff at hospital, although some docs in a&e could maybe do with a bit more training in dealing with people, but yeah, am soooo grateful for morphine!!! It really really hurt :oooo::oooo:

Hiya welcome to the forum :) and i'm so so sorry for your loss i know how you feel. I am 40 and had a stillborn last september i was 37weeks. I had a mc 3 weeks ago i was 8 weeks pregnant, but i'm not giving up my time will come!! we've all got to keep thinking positive :) X

Hi Denise'
You are very brave lady, Im so sorry for your experiences, bless you, big hug for you and good luck for future baby(s) xx :) xx

hi hun
can definately relate to your story; i'm 39 and dh is 48 - like yourselves we decided to try for number 3, as it felt like time was running out and we were both extremely busy with our careers.
i found out i was pregnant early last year, after 6 months of ttc, but mc at 10 weeks :-(. although we were devatated, we started ttc again in july 2011 and got pregnant again after 6 months ttc. although i'm now nearly 14 weeks, i don't take anything for granted (almost expecting the worst), but hope and pray that we may be blessed this time.
last week i had a long chat with a fantastic obstetrician who talked me through the 'age thing', explained all the stats and told me that as i'm healthy BMI and don't smoke ; i actually have lower risks than some younger women. Talking to an expert who is willing to listen has helped me relax - buy i will only realise how lucky we are when babe is in my arms.

good luck - pm me if you want to chat
clara xxx

Last edited:
hi i can relate to ur story i am 39 dh is nearly 43 i mc 20 yrs ago at 12 weeks and last may i had a missed mc at 10 weeks bby died at 6 weeks, i was devastated altho i ahve 6 wanderfull healthy children i just felt i would like 1 more and like u time is not on side and so far still trying , never give up hope gd luck with ttc and i hope it happens soon for you xxxx

So sorry hun, I have three older kids and now am 38, hubby 37, so not far off your age- I lost a baby at near 12 weeks in march 2010 at 37 fell pregnant again, ended up having cvs due to 1 in 9 high risk results from chromozome problems, but all clear in the end - and then went onto have a lovely boy in jan 2011. It was a slightly bumpy ride when preg again, you never really let yourself believe it will stick, but please hang in there, get back TTC when your ready and Ill send you lots of luck XX

Congratulations to you!! How lovely and makes me feel lots better, we ttc, am not going to hang about but just get on with it, time is of essence and dont know how long it will take to concieve, fingers x!! Well done to you and thanku for support, makes me feel positive xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back