Hello im new to all this... what happens next..?

pitterpatter

Reaction score
Just found out last night that im expecting, over the moon!! going to ring docs in a mo... ive been taking folic acid also for a month now... is there anything else i need to do?

So happy tho! its my oh's birthday and we are going camping for the weekend!!!

xxx

just relax and enjoy your pregnancy CONGRATULATIONS xxxx

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy n healthy 9 months. Once il you've been docs they'll prob let you know what to do to get a booking in appt with your midwife and book your first scan for the 12 week mark.

Now just chill out n enjoy being pregnant x

Just remember to avoid certain foods like blue cheese and undercooked eggs. There are lists all over the Internet! Apart from that just enjoy it. Congratulations!!

Congratulations again honey ... How far gone are you?
I'll be ringing the doctors too ... do I need to actually see the gp or just say I'm pregnant and see what they say?

xx

You need to see gp

Just sit down and say what I did- 'hi, I'm 4+3 pregnant, planned and taking folic acid, I'm not smoking or drinking and want to be referred to midwife'

Job done was In and out in 4 minutes lol

Congrats :)

Last edited:
I didn't need to see my gp as the receptionist handled the referral to midwife led care so maybe worthwhile mentioning that you've tested pregnant when you phone up for an appointment as they may just ask you to pop in for all the information and blank medical notes you need to pick up/ to fill out a referral form.

Hey mel.. im 4 weeks and 2days pregnant! seems funny saying that! lets be bump buddies haha! Rang docs they have no appoints left so going to ring at 3 to speak to my doc amd asked to be referred to midwife etc. Im off away camping for 3 nights now so doubt il get any reception in wales hehe! so will catch up with you all on my return on monday!

Ahhhh im beaming! have a lovely weekend everyone! yay! im going to get a bump! haha!

: )

xxxxxxxx

Hey mel.. im 4 weeks and 2days pregnant! seems funny saying that! lets be bump buddies haha! Rang docs they have no appoints left so going to ring at 3 to speak to my doc amd asked to be referred to midwife etc. Im off away camping for 3 nights now so doubt il get any reception in wales hehe! so will catch up with you all on my return on monday!

Ahhhh im beaming! have a lovely weekend everyone! yay! im going to get a bump! haha!

: )

xxxxxxxx

I'm only 4 weeks today and would love to be bump buddies! :)
And a fellow camper too ... hope you have a fab weekend. Looks like you got the weather for it.

Good luck for getting an appointment later.

I feel the same ... I can't stop smiling and I'm so excited for the future.
xx

Congratulations!!!

Yep, same as everyone else said. Ring GP and tell them you're pregnant and, unless you want to see your doctor, you can probably book in with midwife.

How exciting! Have a great weekend camping. xxx

Congratulations! i think everyone else has covered it, but just wanted to wish you a happy 9 months! x

I'm 8 weeks but love camping! Dying to get over to shellisland in Barmouth with this weather !!! xx

hope you have a great time camping! you defo have the weather for it.

congrats with everything, wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back