Hello, I'm a new member..

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by sharonv, Jun 1, 2005.

1. sharonv

sharonv New Member

:D

Hello, My name is Sharon and I have just joined this site.

I am expecting my fifth baby :shock: (arghhh!) on 25th January 2006.
    I have
    Matt 16
    Ebony 11
    Alannah 6
    Lucy 4
    and a mad dog called Taylor Boy 2.

just wanted to say hello to everyone, although this is my fifth I can't seem to remeber anything about being pregnant, but I'm sure it will all come flooding back to me.

Sharon :D

2. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

CONRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am due on the 28th january with my first and im so so scared!!!!

xx

3. sharonvardy

sharonvardy Active Member

I'm scared too and I've had four...

'They say that with the first you don't know anything, with the second you know too much and with the third your just stupid' so I must be a complete idiot for having five!!!!!!!!!

People also say that 'If having a baby was that bad then nobody would have more than one'

It's not too bad really, it's the best feeling in the world when you hold that new baby in your arms for the first time..

Sharon. P.s how do you get the ticker things?

4. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

Im sure that once the baby is in my arms the pain will go away but i just cant stop thinking about how awful giving birth will be, there is not a day goes by i dont worry about it.

There is a link from the mail page that takes you straight into ticker factory, just put your dates in and then paste the BB code into your signature on your profile and submit it.

x

5. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

Go into helpful information on the main page and that will take you into it

6. sharonvardy

I didn't really find giving birth that painfull, only the last few pushes for the head but I had plenty of gas and air. Just felt very drunk.

I had an epidural with my third, that was brilliant, not a hint of pain when pushing, trouble is you don't know when to push and you can't get up for hours afterwards because you just keep falling over..

like I said though you completely forget the pain as soon as the baby is in your arms.....

Even though I know all this it still is very scary.

7. jo jo

jo jo Well-Known Member

its so scary. I really hope i can have an epidural, i dont mind not being able to get up for a few hours. Any excuse to stay in bed ha ha

8. sharonvardy

I must admit, I did love my epidural but it also seems to take something away from you too, not quite sure what I mean but it didn't feel like I'd had a baby because I didn't feel her being born. So there are good and bad points to epidurals.

I know everyone says also that the more babies you have, the quicker they come but that isn't the case with me, my second labour was longer than my first and my fourth longer than my third. (I think), confused myself now!! :shock:

9. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

Hi Sharon

5 kids! You are crazy? :shock:

Did you get any back ache from the epidural? I like the sound of it but there have been some horror stories! Have you tried the thing that shocks your musles in your back? (Sorry forgot the name)!

Hey about a water birth, in a paddling pool in the living room (Looks in horror, where are the drugs, NEED DRUGS!!!) :shock:

I would have guessed the head is the worst, especially the first time! (ahhhhhhh runs for the hills its a melon!!!!!!!!!!) But we were made to have kids, but I would love to see my hubby try!

This is my first and not worried about giving birth really, worth the wait to us, I have wanted kids since forever! (Ok since my barbie and my jordan knight doll had a baby!-gosh I hope my figure goes back to her size (oh I wasn't her size to start with))

Talk soon

10. Pregnant_Kim

Pregnant_Kim Member

Hi Sharon

You seem tobe the person to ask round here!! Wow 5th Pregnancy.

I am on my 3rd and I was wondering for you, did the births get earlier with each one . for example with my first I was 10 days late, with my 2nd I was on my due date, I was just wondering if I can expect an early birth with this one.

bad news about the labours taking longer :( Mine take ages I was hoping for a quick one this time.

I know what you mean about epidurals, had them with both, gonna try to gas and air it all the way this time

take care

11. sharonvardy

All my four have been early,

Matt was a week early :D
    Ebony was 2 weeks early :)
    Lucy was three weeks early :eek: and
    Alannah was four weeks early, :shock:

So at this rate i am probably going to have this one next month!!!! :wink: Only joking, I'm only six weeks!!!!

I think it just depends on how things go and how your body can cope,
    Thay come when they are ready!!

My body just gave up in the end, I couldn't have taken much more with all of them, by the last couple of months they were all screaming to get out!!!

I have been thinking about having this one at home but knowing my luck it will be too early!! I know everyone wants there baby to just arrive but it really is best that they stay in there as long as they can, My 6 year old Alannah has just been diagnosed with autism. I'm not saying that is any thing to do with her being early but you never know!.

Sharon.

12. sharonvardy

To bobthe unfortunateone.

You name it I have had it,
    Well not quite,

Pethidine, made me talk a load of rubbish like 'who put the aerial in the garden' apparently that is what I said!

Tens machine, Felt like someone was electrocuting me (when it was too high that is), quite enjoyed it really. Good for beginning and middle of labour but I found it no good for the final bit!

Epidural. as I have said this was brilliant, I didn't get any back ache or anything afterwards, luckily, just looked like a chicken with broken legs when i tried to walk anywhere for a few hours after.

Gas and air.. LOVE IT, I am going to make sure they get extra supplies in when I have this one, not because it is painful but just because I love the stuff!!

The best pain relief I have ever had is having my mother there with me, she wound me up so much that I just wanted to have the baby and get out!!!!!.. Only joking I love her to bits, she brought me back down to earth a few times when I got a bit scared and panicky by saying 'your only having a baby, calm down dear'. Not one for suffering fools my mum. The worst thing was my partner 'saying 'does it hurt'
    when I was in the middle of a contraction so I just slapped him and said 'DID THAT HURT'!!!!
    I'M SO NASTY WHEN I'M IN LABOUR!! but thats my way of coping,, I recommend it to anyone!

13. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

lol! Poor husbands they have no idea! I want mine to pop down there when the head is coming out (I just want to make him faint!)

They tend to do that I've heard, "are you ok", How's it feeling" YOU PUSH A MELON AT YOUR WILLY AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL! I will be mean in labour! But I have talked to him and he is fully aware of it, I think it will bug me more if he fusses over me! I have a job to do and would hate all the fuss!
    Hmmmm mother there thats a good idea I have a mum, a step mum and a in law, the in law will proably make me want to get out of there faster!

Does gas help with the pain, I've heard it doesn't -just makes you high!

oh and nice discription for the aftermath of epidural

14. HayleyB

HayleyB Well-Known Member

ha ha, i've told Graham i'm gonna make him take a look cos i'd like him to feint too!!!! bless him!!!!
    i have to admit labour isn't the bit i'm looking forward to the most, but will be calling in the gas & air!!!!

xxx

15. Pregnant_Kim

Pregnant_Kim Member

I have to agree with Sharon Gas and Air really hits the mark, it tastes a bit weird (or maybe that's just me) but it really DOES HELP.

I have had epidurals with both births so far, you can't walk about and you can't feel a thing down below, that said I did get cronic back ache after both.

I am not going to go the epidural route this time, gas and air in large quantities and lots of walking about for me this time I have decided.

The tens machine was OK, it takes your mind off it as sharon says if you set it too high it 'orrid!

As for pethodene, JUST SAY NO, it's nasty stuff and to be avoided, slowed my labour right now, not what I needed at the time.

16. sharonvardy

hi all,

i don't know whether the gas and air helped with the pain, I think it just made me not worry about it so much,, Bit like a birhtday card I found a while ago, it said,,

What happened to the woman who mixed her birth control pills up with her valium,,?????

Answer:

She had thirty kids but didn't give a S##t. (sorry about language but that's what it said..

The gas and air got me so high that I wouldn't have cared if i'd given birth to an elephant!!

I got quite upset when they tried to take it away from me, even though I'd had the baby ten minutes before hand!

:lol:

17. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Jo Jo

I am actually not that frightened of the birth actually. Possibly because it is so far in the distance that it doesn't seem real yet.

I am really determined to try and enjoy it, and I think you should too.

I will probably change my mind about this in a couple of months though, so I am just trying to enjoy feeling relaxed at the moment.

Don't forget that stress is bad for the baby, so try to keep calm.

We are all in this together. Group hugs all round :D