Hello, I'm a husband, excited but worried, maybe u can help!

irishda

Reaction score
Hi There,

It's interesting to read everyone's stories.

My wife is 6 weeks pregnant (conceived 4 weeks ago! I'll never understand that week numbering!!). I have read a lot about pregnancy but I think the more you read the more you worry about things :shock: (As someone once said, "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!")

Anyway, my questions are...

Would you (or recommend my wife to) go on a girls weekend at this stage of pregnancy? Obviously she wouldn't be drinking but I still don't feel too comfortable with the whole thing, Bars/Clubs etc...

Has anyone some information on flying while pregnant? My wife will be going to the states next week and again just concerned about that.

Any info will I'm sure help :?:

Slán go fóill agus Sláinte chugat!

If she gets travel sickness the pregnancy may make it worse. Flying is ok until the 28th week of pregnancy. She may not feel up to going but she'll be ok to go. I have only take a two hour flight in pregnancy but it wasn't all that bad. It wasn't any diffrent then normal. She just needs to make sure she drink plenty of water and gets up and move about every so often. As for coming to states, make sure she gets travel insurance just in case she does need to see a doctor while she is over here. Other then that she should be just fine.

Hello worried dad to be...
I think that your wife should be just fine going off with the girls - however, she might just not feel like it by the time it takes place. Any day now she'll be getting more tired than usual and feeling either a little or a lot, nauseas. Let her decided how she feels - it won't do her any harm!
Secondly - info on flying during pregnancy differs. The reason why most airlines don't accept pregnant woman over the stage of 28 weeks, is in case of premature labour. To fly early in pregnancy does carry different risks according to some research. I found out I was pregnant in Edinburgh this April and was still having to take my flight back to SA. I was warned that due to the difference in air pressure - I stood a very small chance of miscarrying. I just didn't believe it, until I read it in a Dorling Kindersley Pregnancy book I bought at the airport.
Well, I couldn't stay there and I am happy to say, both 11 week old fetus and I are doing well. (was only 5 weeks pregnant on my return flight) It was a VERY long flight and I was VERY nauseas and uncomfortable!
So, I think the risks of flying at the stage are very small.
Don't stress - your wife needs LOADS of support!
Hope this info helps - if not - do a bit of research on net!
kind regards
Emilia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back