Hello & help please :)

Sandytoes

Reaction score
Hi everyone & congrats on your bfps!

This is my first time posting on the forum & would really appreciate some advice. I fell pregnant in November after 8 months ttc. At 7wks +5 I started spotting, had a scan 2 days later, saw baby & was told everything was fine & baby was measuring exactly 8 weeks. I had light bleeding over that wknd & then lost the baby 3 days later. I went for a scan the next day-12th January & it was confirmed that I had had a natural miscarriage.

I ov'd 2 weeks later-25th Jan (I'd taken a pg test to check it was negative before doing the ov test), & was really shocked & happy to fall pregnant again.

I wasn't totally sure how to date my pregnancy, but as I ov'd 2 weeks after miscarriage, I thought I'd class day 1 of my cycle as the day after miscarriage (12th Jan), which would make me 5 wks + 5 today. When I rang the epu to check, the midwife told me to class week 1 of my pregnancy as the week I ov'd, which would make me 3wk + 5 today, she then said the nausea I've been having over the last week must be a stomach bug as I'm to early for any symptoms.

I'm really confused, usually week 1 of pregnancy is classed as the first week of your cycle isn't it, so I don't know why she told me to count week 1 as the week I ov'd? Is it just me, or does that not make sense?

Sorry this has turned into an essay, any advice would be gratefully received!xxxx

Yes, you're right. I'd say the day after your MC is the first day of your cycle, as you'd be two weeks pregnant when you ov'd. You're not too early for symptoms, I'm only 4+4 and I feel sick as a dog! Congratulations xxxxx

Yeah I agree, I would count it as 1st day after mc. Definitely not too early for symptoms! Congratulations by the way x

Thanks ladies, I thought my dates were right, glad it's not me going mad!

Congratulations to you both :) Hope your sickness isn't to bad Cherrybelly!xxx

I agree - I fell pregnant in 2013 just after a d and c (erpc ) and was told to date it from the day after the operation - ended up being a few days later than that due to ovulating late. No idea why they've told you to date it from ov!
Congratulations and very sorry to hear your first pregnancy didn't end well. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

My pregnancy is dated from a very early mc at 4+3 on Dec 5th, if that helps (18th/19th Dec on my ticker is when we conceived).

Lxx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, you've put my mind at rest :) Going to be an anxious few months but I'm sure that's normal. Hope you're all doing well xxx

Hi :wave: welcome :)

Lovely rainbow for you congrats. I agree with the others your two weeks pregnant when you ov xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back