Hello food help plweeese!

nickilubs

Reaction score
:wave: Hello everyone, oooo this place looks so friendly yay!

Im new here I have just found out Im pregnant :D not planned but Im defo happy!

I was wondering how people get on with eating during pregnancy Im not a very big eater normaly but now Im worrying I should start to eat more and healthy for the health of the baby. Does anyone else have any problems with food?

Since I haave found out I have been suffering with sickness that starts when i wake till when i sleep i seen a doctor today and she has advised me to keep my sugar levels and water levels high so Im trying my best but I really dont feel like eating even though I know/want to.

Its worrying me also that i do want to bring up or have been bringing up anything that i have ate? Makes me want to eat less but Im worryed about harming the babe?

Sorry if this is a bit long! Also got to tell the parents yet and Im a bit worryed! How did you tell them?

Thank You much

Nicki x

Hi congratulations and welcome :wave:

With the eating I've just tried to eat little and often and to cut out most of the rubbish I eat and try to get in my 5 a day but I'm sorry I can't help you the sickness as I've only had 1/2 a day of mild nausea so no idea I'm afraid.

As for parents we're not telling them til we've had a scan so I'll probably visit them and let the scan picture tell them for me :lol:

:D yeh I was thinking of doing the same, I will have to go visit them in the near future when I feel like driving so I think i will take them the scan too.

Also have great need to burst into tears all the time when i think of it growing in my belly! Haha Im a emotional bint hehee.

hello Congrats on you pregnancy :dance:
Well as some one who's had the delight of morning sickness
Id say dry toast that's all i could stomach in the mornings.
Also try ginger biscuits they could help and thay taste yummy.
I found the later i got up the less horrible the sickness was the earlier i got up the worse it was.
Ive not found food to hard though ive found cutting down my choccies sweets and crisps difficult. :oops:
But i counter balance that with good food
Try fruit smoothies and fruit bars yummy and full of good stuff for you and baby. also take pregnmancy vitiamin suplements.
Make a fruit salad to make getting you 5 a day easier.
Veggi stirfry works to pack in lots of your 5 a day veg. Veg sticks like carrots to snack on through the day
Lol Sarah :wave:

:D Tryed toast yesterday but it didnt last very long in my tummy! Today ive had Ribena and ginger biscuts, I also got some folic acid tablets today, will go buy some fruit and veg tomorrow, i dont want to eat hot food at all though so looks like im going all raw for a while. Hehe ahh im so happy! :cheer:

Gingercubes said:
Also have great need to burst into tears all the time when i think of it growing in my belly! Haha Im a emotional bint hehee.

Congrats on you pregnancy hon
And i still blub with happiness about being preggers
I love my bump and feel proud to show it off.
You have got all this to look forward too
My sickness went at about 15 weeks hopfully it will be the same for you.
Lol Sarah

Gingercubes said:
Also have great need to burst into tears all the time when i think of it growing in my belly! Haha Im a emotional bint hehee.[/quote#]

Don't worry you're not the only one being emotional :lol: I'll cry at the drop of a hat at the moment and I actually have to avoid thinking too much about baby as I'd be a tear stained wreck :D

I have to try to think of the practical aspects and not the actual emotional fact of a baby for now although I think when I see the baby on a scan I'm gonna cry and cry and cry :rotfl:

Hi

not sure really what to advice on the constant sickness as although I've had a bit of sickness it is pretty mild and in fact I only really feel sick and tend to throw up when i've got an empty tummy so first thing in the morning is the worst for me. I was sick the other morning because I woke up on an empty stomoch and my daughter who will soon be 2 years old have the most mega stinky nappy and well that just set me off and away I was to the toilet. I felt sick today and reached a bit and that was because this morning at 10.30 I went to the dentist for two fillings and well my mouth was numb for a few hours and I didnt want to eat nothing cause it feels horrible so I became hungry and as I say empty tummy for me equals sickness.

as for the emotion, thats perfectly normal as your body is going through some changes, this will probably calm down a bit but return like a ton of bricks 2 to 3 days after you've had the baby, this is called baby blues which can turn in to postnatal depression but again pretty normal as your hormones are going mental but with support you'll be fine should you get that.

enjoy your pregnancy hun.

:D Little update...

I feel really well today! Went shopping and brought every fruit under the sun Im not a verry big veggi eater so make up for it with fruits....ooooo and juices loooots of juice!

Its defenatly true about having to eat even when you dont think you want too it helps alot :D and i get to eat mini cheddars in bed every morning woooo! :cheer:

Thankyou everyone :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back