Hello and advice please??!!

Tan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Am on my second pregnancy but didn't do any of this conversing with other pregnant ones first time round. In fact, pretty much just took it in my stride! Not feeling quite so confident this time as i've had a few concerns already.
I had a scan a couple of weeks ago where they could see the sac but no foetus. Also had internal bleed in womb visible. They were worried about a threatened miscarriage which was scary so did blood tests but they were ok. Went back today for another US and luckily foetus was all ok and they said i'm 7w 5d. But blood patch is still visible and has grown since last scan.
Has anyone else got this problem or do they now anything about it? The hosp told me not to worry but you can't help it can you?

Tanya :)

Sorry hun I don't know anything about this but just wanted to say I hope everything is ok. Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xxxx

I had this problem also and it was the lining of my uterus coming away. Thankfully the bleeding stopped by about 12 or 13 weeks and it never affected the baby. I am now 33 weeks nearly and it's had no other effects on me either as far as I know.

I was warned of possible miscarriage, but also told that as the bleeding had already been going on for a week or so and that I hadn't m/c'd, I had a high chance of carrying baby to term still.

Try not to worry sweetie. I hope they look after you and are scanning you regularly.

xxx

Thanks guys. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes to plan!

Congratulations Tan

In one of my early scans which I had due to bleeding - the hospital could only see the sac and not the feotus (spelt wrong I know!) I think that was when I was 6 weeks - sometimes its too early for them to tell.

Try not to worry (althought I know thats easier said than done) I was nightmare for the first 14 weeks lol!

Just take it easy is my advice.

L x

This is such a lovely site. It's so nice to be able to chat to people at all stages of pregnancy etc. I could have done with this first time round!
Anyway, all still seems to be ok at the moment and have had no external bleeding/pains etc, just 24hour nausia, pathetic wretching, bad bad moods and really sore boobs! It all seems so much worse than last time round but everyone thinks i'm just not remembering it properly! I hope it all calms down soon because I hate feeling sick all the time!

Hi Sami,

I'm interested to find out more about your bleeding in the first trimester because I'm currently going through the same thing.

I've been spotting since about 5 weeks, I'm now coming up to 9 weeks. It's mostly been brown discharge, it's been heavy at times. Then there were red blood stains in there and yesterday I had a lot of red blood like a period. I thought I was losing my bean.

I had a scan yesterday and everything is fine thankfully, they can't see anything when they scanned me to offer a reason for my bleeding.

They've classed it as a threatened miscarriage but said that it's very unusual to lose your baby when it's doing well past the 8 week mark, I hope they're right.

What kind of bleeding did you have?

My bleeding was anything from brown spotting to heavier and red at times. Most of the time it was a minimal amount like a brown discharge too. When it turned red a few times I did really really worry.

It showed up at 9 week scan that I had bleeding around the sac of the baby and it was the lining of my uterus which was coming away. They think the implantion of the placenta could possibly have caused this but they weren't 100% sure and said that as I'd got that far it was unlikely I would lose him. My previous 3 scans they could never find out what was wrong so didn't say too much except that everything looked fine. They did class it as threatened miscarriage. I still never stopped worrying about m/c though, it's a natural worry when you see blood.

Hope all is well and the bleeding tails off for you too. Let me know if you want to know anything else xx

Thanks Sami, it sounds identical to what I'm experiencing. I'm nearly 9 weeks and nothing has shown up on the two scans I've had to say what the bleeding is.

I've had a swab taken this week to check for any infections, I'll get the result when I see the midwife for the first time next week.

The head nurse at the early pregnancy unit was a bit horrible I thought yesterday, she kind of implied that I was making a fuss and that I can't have a scan everytime I have bleeding. I only followed the advice they gave me and naturally I wanted a scan asap after a heavy red yesterday. It was booked for today anyway.

It's so stressful. I really hope it goes soon.

The sonographer/doc woman was a bit like that at my original hospital, so after being told to go away after 3 weeks of bleeding and they wouldnt scan me anymore (told me if anything was going to happen then it would and scanning wouldn't do anything to stop it). I went to another hospital after we left who did a scan the same night and thats how they found the bleeding in my uterus. I was scanned 2 weekly from then for a month to check if the amount of blood in my uterus was going down and thankfully it was.

Persevere mate, and you can go to another hospital if you want to. I did and I'm so glad. Worrying doesn't do anyone any good!

Yeah, it was the same kind of attitude that I got but only from that head nurse, the sonographer was a different lady and was sympathetic and said any bleeding in pregnancy is not normal and should be checked out.

My GP's have been brilliant and NHS Direct were good too. I know a scan won't stop a miscarriage but it's so important to know either way what the situation is.

She's told me that if I have bleeding in 2 weeks time to go back to my GP and I will be able to have another scan otherwise that's it now until 20 weeks. We'll have to pay privately for a 12 week scan if the bleeding stops.

I might consider another hospital, I will speak to my midwife first, just hope she's not as horrible as that nurse.

Isn't it worrying that the other hospital didn't spot the bleeding.

Did you change hospitals via your GP/midwife? You have to be referred for a scan don't you?

I have had never had faith in the competency of the orginal hospital anyway to be honest mate, and was sure I didn't want to have baby there from the start. But other people I know are happy with the hospital so it might just be my experience.

When I miscarried for the second time in 2004 and got taken into hospital, the consultant basically said they didn't know if I'd ever have kids in the future...and that was that. No explaination, no investigation. I was crushed. It was my second m/c and I was distraught. The night staff made me get my own bedding even though I was in severe pain (put this down to the fact they wouldn't D&C to make sure my uterus was completely empty-the pain was so much more severe than the first time that I had to have meptid to ease the pain). They also put me on a male ward to recover which I thought was just an awful thing to do considering. I may have been in a side room but it's not the point.
Mark's Grandad died there from MRSA too (which he caught at the hospital after going in for something trivial). So not a good place for us overall!

I changed hospital officially after speaking to my GP first of all saying I wasn't happy with the hospital. I also told my midwife. Your GP or midwife can re-arrange the scans for you if needs be.

I felt the same about the scans, I know they couldn't stop the inevitable, but you have to know so that you can get on with your life whatever the outcome. It's so worrying when you bleed so early on and for so long. And even after each scan, you still find yourself thinking 'but what if '.

At the new hospital I had scans until I was clear of danger and the bleeding had stopped. My final scan was just before I flew to Spain for a week and by then the bleeding had stopped.

When do you see your midwife for the first time?

OMG, that is disgraceful treatment you've had. What area do you live in?

It makes you lose faith with the NHS when you hear experiences like that.

They get so hardened to things don't they some of these doctors and nurses, it's awful because they lose the interpersonal skills to deal with patients sensitively.

It is a worry to have bleeding for this length of time, it's been 4 weeks now, consistent spotting/bleeding.

I see my midwife on Tuesday for the first time, so I'll see what she has to say for herself.

I'll be so relieved to get past the first trimester, I hope this little bean hangs on in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back