heavy things

bbee

Reaction score
is it true that you can't lift heavy things during pregnancy?:eh:xxx

Hi,
yes somehow, it can hurt your back and doesn't hurt the baby once, you should not do that very often:
" Research shows that pregnant women in jobs that require a lot of frequent lifting and twisting, like those on an assembly line, have a higher incidence of preterm delivery."

Just go careful, you are much more prone to back problems and other joint problems as all your joints loosen during pregnancy and there is more strain on things as you get heavier.
I have SPD/PGP (pelvic problems) so I have to extra careful as I notice any lifting makes it much worse. Listen to your body, you won't be able to do as much.

i havent really been lifting anything heavy. but recently i've been using the laptop a lot and lifting it up, putting it back down, lifting it up and so on.. and it is pretty heavy so i'm a little worried now! xx

I wouldn't worry about a laptop. I keep having to remind myself not to do too much...I'm still mucking out my horse twice a week, and moving crates of wine and big bags of laundry. I was climbing out the cellar the other day though and struggled to pull myself up - I think I'm going to have to be stricter with myself - it is true, your body does let you know when you are doing too much.

I'm sure your laptop would be fine but like umbongo said don't strain yourself if you have to struggle, don't do it. I'm going to get my boyfriend to carry Hoover up and down stairs soon. Xx

i was taking down a brick wall about6/7 months last preg, i lift my 28lb daughter every day and thats fine too, just dont try and move a couch or fridge anytime soon and it'll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back