Heating pad

Manunya

Reaction score
Hi girls! I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am crying all day today worrying that I did something bad. I am very sleep deprived lately and wake up 7-10 time per night, plus now urge to pee started. So, for the past few days i would heat up heating pad on low (1 level), turn it off and put it on my butt. The warmth calms me down and i dont pee as much. Well this morning i put heating pad on my butt while laying on a side and dosed off before turning it off :(. I woke up from the hot feeling in my buttocks. I jumped off the bed immediately, measured my temperature and it was only 99.1 so core temp didn't raise. Idk how long i dosed off for but assume not for long. Usually heating pad becomes very hot and than the heat drops and its just slightly warm, so hopefully i dosed off for a few minutes since when i woke up my butt was hot like it just started heating up. I did call doc and she said its unlikely to damage the baby but i am still worrying like crazy and crying all day for doing something stupid like that. Any advice to help me calm down. Thank you!

Hi girls! I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am crying all day today worrying that I did something bad. I am very sleep deprived lately and wake up 7-10 time per night, plus now urge to pee started. So, for the past few days i would heat up heating pad on low (1 level), turn it off and put it on my butt. The warmth calms me down and i dont pee as much. Well this morning i put heating pad on my butt while laying on a side and dosed off before turning it off :(. I woke up from the hot feeling in my buttocks. I jumped off the bed immediately, measured my temperature and it was only 99.1 so core temp didn't raise. Idk how long i dosed off for but assume not for long. Usually heating pad becomes very hot and than the heat drops and its just slightly warm, so hopefully i dosed off for a few minutes since when i woke up my butt was hot like it just started heating up. I did call doc and she said its unlikely to damage the baby but i am still worrying like crazy and crying all day for doing something stupid like that. Any advice to help me calm down. Thank you!
So you put it on your behind and are worried you damaged the baby? Or did you place it on your lower belly?

Yes I put it on my buttocks while laying on a side, it wasn't touching the belly at all. When i woke up my butt was burning hot. Usually the pad gets really hot for first few minutes and then heat drops and its just warm, so i am hoping I dosed off for few min only. I read that heat can do damage to neural tube and brain. But thats when core temp raises high. I am still so worried :(((.

Yes I put it on my buttocks while laying on a side, it wasn't touching the belly at all. When i woke up my butt was burning hot. Usually the pad gets really hot for first few minutes and then heat drops and its just warm, so i am hoping I dosed off for few min only. I read that heat can do damage to neural tube and brain. But thats when core temp raises high. I am still so worried :(((.
Your baby is not in your butt.
It's located between your pelvic bones in a cushiony pillowy uterus. Putting a heating pad on your butt will not damage the embryo. Try not to worry.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back