Heartburn

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Angela, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Angela

Angela Member

:(

I am a grandmother to be for the first time and have posted here before. My daughter Melanie is now 4 months pregnant and has suffered from heartburn from almost the day of conception !

I don't live near to her, so I worry a lot about her pregnancy. She has had appalling heartburn and Gaviscon doesn't seem to help much.
    I would be grateful to hear from any other Mums to be with what worked for them. I know you have to be careful what you take. When the pregnancy is more advanced, can you take other things for indigestion ?

When I was carrying I didn't have heartburn until the end of the pregnancy. Is it common so early on ?

Many thanks

2. ashley22

ashley22 Well-Known Member

Hi Angela

My name's Ashley and I am expecting my second child in October. In my first pregnancy I didn't experience heartburn until late stages of pregnancy either and I also used Gaviscon and drank Milk. But my cousin had terrible heartburn all the way through her pregnancy and her doctor sent her to a Nutritunist becasue she was eating all the foods that would aggravate it.

You should tell your daughter to go to her GP and sort out a diet sheet.

Hope my advice is ok.

3. Angela

Angela Member

:roll:

Many thanks Ashley for that advice. I shall tell her to do that.

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Angela