Heartburn

Pregnot

Reaction score
has woken me up!!! I swear I thought I was going to throw up
is there anything that helps?

Just had 2 Rennes and glass of milk any ideas anyone I'm
Tired and want to go bk to bed

Hi I use gaviscon, I've found it works the fastest and lasts the longest!
But you prob don't have any in the house! Oatcakes are good to help relieve it too if you've got any. Hopefully the rennies and milk work soon and you're able to get back to sleep x

No tips. Oh maybe don't eat too late. I remember throwing up a couple of times in the night last time around the 35-40 week mark. I vividly remember one was when I'd had a mars bar at about 11pm!! It must have laid on my chest and caused the most horrendous heartburn that I puked.

Right toward the end the heartburn did get so bad that I spent the first half of the night sleeping sat up. I just couldn't lie down.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

My heartburn always got really bad when I let myself get too hungry or thirsty. So I like to eat a whole bunch of meals in small amounts and sip fluids throughout the day. Before I go to bed I like to eat something like nuts or cheese so it has enough calories to get me through the night but I don't have to eat too much.

If you already have heartburn in the middle of the night try baking soda and water, then prop yourself upright and try to rest sitting upright until it calms down. I can sometimes fall back asleep propped up with pillows if my heartburn is too much.

Managing Heartburn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9ovNL8kQc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27