Heartburn

nbrintz

Reaction score
I'm 22+4 and seem to be getting it everyday anyone else suffering ?

Oh yes! :( Sometimes it is so bad I feel like I am going to throw up!

I've been suffering for weeks with it (22+6)

found some advice online for managing it the best of which is not to drink within half an hour each side of a meal. Don't know why but that really does seem to work for me. Tried some other stuff and no difference, but that one was fabulous.

Also lots of ice cream :)

I've been suffering for weeks with it (22+6)

found some advice online for managing it the best of which is not to drink within half an hour each side of a meal. Don't know why but that really does seem to work for me. Tried some other stuff and no difference, but that one was fabulous.

Also lots of ice cream :)

Wow thanks must try this as I've tried gavisvon yuk it's vile xx

Hell yes! I have been suffering since around 21 weeks - I have Rennies in my lunchbox for school and Tums on my bedside table. It seems to be particularly bad when I am laying down for sleep so I thought I;d save the slightly better tasting ones for them.

I think I only got through about 1/2 a bottle of gaviscon last time I waqs pregnant as the stuff made me gag - without putting too fine a point on it, it reminded me of giz in a bottle and just the thought of that made me want to spew!

Hell yes! I have been suffering since around 21 weeks - I have Rennies in my lunchbox for school and Tums on my bedside table. It seems to be particularly bad when I am laying down for sleep so I thought I;d save the slightly better tasting ones for them.

I think I only got through about 1/2 a bottle of gaviscon last time I waqs pregnant as the stuff made me gag - without putting too fine a point on it, it reminded me of giz in a bottle and just the thought of that made me want to spew!

Lmao I was thinking the texture was more like snot vile and yes made me gag not good lol I really must get some rennies x

I saw dr on Monday about this as I have it bad when I wake up in the mornings. He said you need to take the gaviscon 30 mins before bed. Basically when you lie down the acid starts slipping up causing problems. If you take it whilst sat up 30 mins before its better. I think I have to start taking it during the day too now. It really hurts. Right the liquid makes me gag and now I think from reading this thread it will make it worse ;) tried the tablets but the chalky taste too makes me gag. Even the strawberry ones. Tums do they taste better? basically i need something that takes like a sweet, no after taste. my gag reflex has never been good but since pregnancy its worse! I used to love rennie they had like chewitt type mint flavour things. Those were amazing but you can't get them in the uk anymore. Because I'm a bit fretful about indigestion ( I had that and bad problems for months with gallstones before they took my gallbladder out) dr did day I could try medication. If the gaviscon carries on making me gag then I'm going back for tablets! Anyone else have any tips?

I have heard milk helps but I can't stand milk so not sure typical hey x

I have heard milk helps but I can't stand milk so not sure typical hey x

That's another thing I can't drink. I can't do alcohol shots, don't really like alcohol because of the taste basically only drink fizzy wine or raspberry vodka. have even given free beer away at brewery tours. Gag yuck gag. Basically I need things to be sweet and sugar coated. Although I do like plain water! Funny.

It's crazy I just heard mints can help too even brushing my teeth makes me gag x

I've been suffering for weeks, I hate it. I was given gaviscon and rennies, both make me sick. And since I was younger the thought of drinking milk on its own makes me gag haha. I'll just have to ride it out xx

Ive suffered since day one with it. Its horrible! And nothing seems to make it go away xxx

18 weeks atm and constantly breathing fire! I do find rennies are helping for a while though

I have suffered with it once or twice and it is not fun at all, I seem to get more normal indigestion than heartburn though. I agree that Gaviscon is foul though - both the liquid and the tablets! yucky! Works though! x

ive suffered from day one too & the only thing that helps me is the xxxx mints :D cant do gaviscon coz the textire thing either haha! x

I had it from week so feel your pain, althought mines got alot better but im eating healthier now too.

I found plain water was the worst!! So i sip rather than drink loads, and ice lollies help too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back