heartburn :-(

leannesxb

Reaction score
What does everyone use for this?? I can't stomach a liquid medication but was looking on getting some tablets. My stepdad recommended Remegel chewy mint ones but can we just use any? Do they all have the same ingredients??

I find liquid gaviscon the best but also use the rennie chewable ones which are good, never tried the remigel ones. x

i drink milk because i cant stand the texture of rennies milk or dairy is supposed to neutralise the acid burn,

I drink lots of milk too, and take tums.... Not sure if you have tums in the UK?

I use gaviscon tablets, they wok for me. Milk can help, but not for everyone. Yogurt would probably be better.

Not all heartburn tablets have the same ingredients, some should not be used in pregnancy, so read the label/ask in the store/pharmacy for something that's ok in pregnancy!

The OH got me some gaviscon tabs today so may give the remegel a miss and just take the gaviscon. I have ordered some yoghurts in the online shopping cos I reach if I drink milk on its own. Have got nesquik in the cupboard though!! could make a milkshake. lol

Mrs.km tums are like our rennies lol I live on rennies they are my best friend really work as well xx

Drinking milkshake at mo as hate milk on its own like you. Sometimes milk makes me sick tho so I wanna try the tablets.. I do occasionally use the gaviscon liquid mixed in milk which is yuk but I can't swollow it without it being in milk. It's not nice heartburn tho!! Just wish there was more out there to buy that what there is!! X

Ranitidine on prescription, it's safe xx

I have been suffering from severe heartburn since 6pm last night n its driving me mad!! i usually get it only at night when i lay down n i take two gaviscon double action tablets and they work perfectly... until yesterday and today!! its the worst pain ever hate it im just taking the tablets regularly drinking milk and sitting upright all the time i hope it goes by tomoro

:( xx

Milk and a few rennies... used to do the trick :)

Mind you it had to be a good pint or so of milk!

I took tums . You can get them from SuperDrug for about £1.50 and drink lots of milk xxx

i think gaviscon works better than rennies,the tablets you can get mini ones too that u can just swallow so no chalky taste...

liquid gaviscon and rennie tablets have worked for me. i also found morrisons ownchalk tablets good (and they taste fruity)

I have used asda's own heartburn relief tabs that are suitable for use in pregnancy they have worked for me during the day up to now but not so much at night anymore. I've just been docs as I have a chest infection so I asked for some heartburn relief stuff and he's prescribed me a huge bottle of gaviscon advance so hoping that works....plus it's free on prescription !!! Yay

i just have a bottle of gaviscon in my bedside table lol. Lots of yoghurt and apparently flat coke works...

Omeprazole on prescription is amazing, say good bye to any heartburn with just one tablet a day ( depends how bad your heartburn is!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back