Heartburn making me cry

CountryGirl

Reaction score
I've got the worst heartburn ever!

I've never had it before, maybe a little bit of indigestion, but this is awful. I've tried Rennie, Gaviscon, ginger and all sorts of old remedies that I found online. Nothing is helping. :'(

It got so bad this morning I went and cried in the toilets at work. It's like a permanent lump in my throat that won't go down and is making it hard to breath, and burning lower down. I can't eat anything as it makes it worse so I'm hungry and feel sick too.

Anyone got any advice? Really feel like crying my eyes out as I just don't know what to.

Sorry for being so moany.

xxx

I havent got any advice for you hun but just wanted to say i hope it goes for you soon you poor thing.

Michelle. x

Thanks Michelle. :)

It's been horrid all day. Can hardly eat anything and now my throat is red raw. :(

Still, its the weekend so I'm trying to just be positive. Hope everything's okay with you and your bubba. :) x

Oh no thats not gud hun, hope it gets better for you.

Im feeling a lot better today starting to panic that if im feeling better there might b sumthing wrong with baby!!! Stupid i know but i just cant wait for my scan now.

Michelle. x

Have u tried milk? on another note, i too have had no symptoms at all 2day and been worrying about it

Last edited:
Try milk hun, as suggested above. Stay upright as much as possible and eat little and often rather than large amounts. If you are really struggling then book to see your doctor and s/he may be able to prescribe something stronger.

I really feel for you as it is such a horrible feeling.
Also ladies, try not to worry about lack of symptoms...you will get days of not feeling pregnant, but it really is nothing to worry about. xxx

Thanks everyone. It seems to have subsided now, but I've now got a raging sore throat and chest infection :( don't know what meds I can take. I'd normally use bronchial mixture or something like that, and soothers for throat. As its the weekend though I can't run my docs! Any ideas? My voice has almost one!

Don't worry Michelle, everything will be fine. Just think of it as your body having a rest :)

Sophie xxx

Thanks hun, cud you ring the nhs hotline number thing they might b able to advise or go to the chemist n talk to one of them they shud know whats safe in pg. Hope you feel better soon hun.

Michelle. x

I would phone nhs hotline or go to a walk in - just so they can check everything out cos if you've got infection they'll probably want you on antibiotics straight away cos fevers and stuff aren't good for baby - plus I'd want to just go with what a doctor had recommended was safe. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back