Heartbeat:(

Baby8

Reaction score
Hiya I'm 12 weeksmtodaynnd my angelsounds fetal doppler arrived yesterday and I can't find the heartbeat I'm so upset and worried!:(

Don't worry cause baby moves about so much. You have to be so patient and move it slowly(rotate) around . It took me a few hours to find my baby's heartbeat at first but now I know where it hangs out. If the baby is facing the wrong way you won't hear it either. Make sure you press it down quite hard too :) and use lotsa gel :) don't worry yourself I'm sure it's fine :)

Should be fairly near your pubic bone

Xx

Last edited:
Use tonnes of gel so no air between it and the skin
Push deep and low down
Matt posted a link to a YouTube video on the pregnancy chat section
He shows how its done XXX

All I can hear is the swoshing sounds of my own heart beat:(

All I can hear is the swoshing sounds of my own heart beat:(

My baby sits around one of my heartbeats/pules and its really hard to find.. please dont worry yourself. It's so difficult to find early on. Start from just under your belly button (right in the centre) and slow movements right down to pubic bone rotate slowly..

do that for a while if no success.. move a little to the right and do the same..
No luck again move to the left and try that.

Then again if no luck... move up slightly and do the same. Once you find the heart you'll do it easily but first time its so difficult you need practice :)
I also find it easier to find my baby once iv'e eaten & my bladders empty. Everyones different though
Keep smiling.
xx

Last edited:
i wouldn't worry too much - this is why mw will not usually try to fing it before 16 weeks....at 12 weeks especially if it's your first pregnancy the uterus can still be tucked down behind your pubic bone and the baby is still on 5cm or so head to bum :) so very small and if they are behind your arteries or behind the placenta you may only pick up your own heartbeat as theirs is disguised from the doppler by your stronger heartbeat.

keep trying for short bursts daily....but try not to panic if you don't find it :)

Tri hopping here, but just wanted to say this is why midwives hate people using dopplers! They won't even listen themselves until 16 weeks because it is so hard to find, and they are trained. So please don't worry yourself. x

I'm just getting so worried because I see people on YouTube at even 9 or 19 weeks finding their baby's heartbeat straight away and all I can hear on mine is the swooshing and bubbling noises I'm so worried now and my scan isn't till Monday:(

I know it's hard but try not to worry. The people on YouTube at 9 weeks may of had previous pregnancies they may be midwifes or it may of took them a long time before recording the video to find the heartbeat. Dopplers are great at times but they do cause a lot of unessesary worry. Baby is so small and I also would say use a lot of gel plaster it on I found that helped a lot and also I think baby will be very low down as been said. If you're worried speak to your midwife for peace of mind but this is why midwives don't use them until 16 weeks again as already said though. Monday will soon be here and I hope it goes fast so you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy. xx

Think I just found it! I could hear something in the background of the swooshing moved over a little and there it was a fast beating! Wasn't very loud as other noises in the background and was still a bit of a swooshing heartbeat but it was too quick for mine!!:) and I had to keep chasing him/her because they kept moving haha then lost it after a few mins but yay:) do you all think that was it? Also I can hear like movement noises is that normal? Xx

don't worry! i'm nearly fifteen weeks and i only just heard my babys heartbeat for the first time yesterday. the midwife says that it can take up to seventeen weeks to hear the hearbeat clearly! and the 'movement' noises you are hearing is the placenta! completely normal! :)xxx

Last edited:
An experienced midwife at the EPU couldn't find my baby's heartbeat with a doppler at 12 weeks. Baby is still so tiny and will be moving around all over the place, so it'll be very hit and miss.
Please try not to worry - I know it's easier said than done and pregnancy really does leave us all feeling like nervous wreck!
And further to what Gemsy said - some won't even try at 16 weeks because they think it's still to early! I had to ask my midwife to do it and she said it may still be too early and not to worry too much if she couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like you found babies heartbeat eeek how exciting! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back