Heart Rate Third Trimester

Leanne_30

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting. I am just in my third trimester but have noticed throughout the day my heart rate is faster than usual. It doesn't happen all the time. Has anyone else had this and is it normal? Thank you very much!

I wonder are your iron levels normal? It’s a common symptom of anaemia for your heart to beat faster. You’ll be getting your 28 week bloods done soon I’m guessing? That should tell you x

Everything has been fine. I'm at the midwife Monday so going to have a chat with her. Thank you for replying x

I've been having regular palpitations (27+1) for weeks have also been breathless to the point I had to sit down in the shower one day and moving around the house has me knackered ! . I went and had my bloods taken by the nurse before Christmas and they've come back fine ‍♀️

Your heart has a lot of extra work to do at the moment, so I wouldn't worry too much....just mention to your midwife. X

I've been having regular palpitations (27+1) for weeks have also been breathless to the point I had to sit down in the shower one day and moving around the house has me knackered ! . I went and had my bloods taken by the nurse before Christmas and they've come back fine ‍♀️

Ooh this is interesting, I’ve been having a lot of palpitations last few days, especially when lying down, been absolutely knackered too, it’s interesting that your bloods have come back normal as everything you’ve described definitely sounds like anemia, I’ve got my 28 week bloods tomorrow so will see what they come back like x

Ooh this is interesting, I’ve been having a lot of palpitations last few days, especially when lying down, been absolutely knackered too, it’s interesting that your bloods have come back normal as everything you’ve described definitely sounds like anemia, I’ve got my 28 week bloods tomorrow so will see what they come back like x
Mine came back today I have to start iron tablets I'm anaemic. I was getting palpitations loads a few weeks back but to be hobest they have eased quite a bit. I am very tired and breathless but also I feel massive haha xxx

Mine came back today I have to start iron tablets I'm anaemic. I was getting palpitations loads a few weeks back but to be hobest they have eased quite a bit. I am very tired and breathless but also I feel massive haha xxx

Aw well hopefully the iron tablets kick in quickly for you MM, I’m starting to feel a bit massive too ha ha after complaining I didn’t have a bump, lol, it was the same with the sickness then I got it really bad, gotta be more careful what I wish for :D xx

Well at my 28 week bloods they've confirmed I'm anemic!! Levels are 101 and should be 110 or more so not too bad but I'm on iron tablets now. They had stopped pre tablets but I knew it wasn't quite right!

Well at my 28 week bloods they've confirmed I'm anemic!! Levels are 101 and should be 110 or more so not too bad but I'm on iron tablets now. They had stopped pre tablets but I knew it wasn't quite right!

Well at least you know now and can get taking the iron tablets,

So at my 28 week appointment today the midwife didn’t even take my blood, my appointment was in the afternoon and she said because the blood courier had already been and gone for the day she doesn’t like taking blood and having it sitting there over night, so she would rather me go to another clinic on Friday morning which is miles away, and I have to re-arrange the rest of my work schedule for the week to fit in the appointment, just seems a bit ridiculous and I feel a bit disappointed, especially when I told her about the palpitations and she said it was an anemic symptom and I need to have my bloods done quickly :???::shakehead: would have just preferred her to bloody do it today!!

Well at least you know now and can get taking the iron tablets,

So at my 28 week appointment today the midwife didn’t even take my blood, my appointment was in the afternoon and she said because the blood courier had already been and gone for the day she doesn’t like taking blood and having it sitting there over night, so she would rather me go to another clinic on Friday morning which is miles away, and I have to re-arrange the rest of my work schedule for the week to fit in the appointment, just seems a bit ridiculous and I feel a bit disappointed, especially when I told her about the palpitations and she said it was an anemic symptom and I need to have my bloods done quickly :???::shakehead: would have just preferred her to bloody do it today!!
What a pain!!! Are you still getting them? Oh I am fine you know I think just being bigger and working all day I have put weight on I just get breathless easier. I'm a nurse and hadn't even made the link with anaemia to be honest haha was just moaning about being fat and breathless ha xxx

What a pain!!! Are you still getting them? Oh I am fine you know I think just being bigger and working all day I have put weight on I just get breathless easier. I'm a nurse and hadn't even made the link with anaemia to be honest haha was just moaning about being fat and breathless ha xxx

Ha ha I bet you’re not even fat MM! I didn’t have them too much last night they seemed to have calmed down, I do get a bit breathless though think it’s just cos of how unfit I am at the moment, used to go running before I got pregnant, haven’t done any exercise in 6 months xx

Ha ha I bet you’re not even fat MM! I didn’t have them too much last night they seemed to have calmed down, I do get a bit breathless though think it’s just cos of how unfit I am at the moment, used to go running before I got pregnant, haven’t done any exercise in 6 months xx
I'm vulumptuous is that how you spell it?! My weight is up and down between all these babies was a 12-14 before I got pregnant this time but had worked hard from around a size 20 after having number 4. So like yourself was exercising but its all gone out the window and I am unfit too! After number 3 got down to 8-10, looking forward to getting back into my normal routines after baby but just embracing being pregnant for now. Glad the palpitations have settled a bit. It's scary isn't it they panicked me a bit and then I thought I was making them worse because I was worrying etc. Thankfully they have settled xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back