Heart rate and gender

gemloulau

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I've just got back from the hospital after having a bit of bleeding this morning - everything is fine thank god!

I got to hear my baby's heartbeat - how amazing, sounded like a little horse galloping.

Anyway, the heart rate was 150 and after a spot of googling, an old wives tale is a heart rate above 140 is a sign that it's a girl, anything below 140 and its a boy.

Just wondered whether there was anything in this at all - any ladies out there who can confirm or deny the theory for me?

Xx

Complete old wives tale, along with if it sounds like a train its a boy! x

Oh well, thanks Becky. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!! Xx

Yer i think this one is aload of crap reli as all three of mine have bwen over 140 first (boy) 155 second (girl) 150 ish and thrid (boy) 144 xxx

It's all rubbish IMO. All 5 of mine beat and various rates, some sounded like galloping some like trains and they are all deffo boys x

As everybody else said its a load of rubbish haha.

My little boys heartrate is always over 155!

If only it were that easy to find out :) x

Thanks ladies. My OH had agreed we'd stay team yellow but I think the control freak in me has other ideas!!!!!! Xx

Mine is often 135-140 and I'm having a girl :) x

Mine was 144/145 at 16 weeks , no idea on gender

Its a load of rubbish lol..
Noahs HB is hardly below 140.. Its always around 150/160, And when hes kicking and rolling it goes as high as 180odd.. Ie been on the trace 6 times and get his HB checked regular.

So defo dnt relay in that wifes tale lol x

My boy is anywhere between 135 & 157 according to my doppler!

Thier HR changes as they get bigger but it was actually correct for me

Our early scans saw HR being super fast, then it gradually slowed down and settled around 120- 140bpm.

Also I had a trace at 38w and spent an hour seeing how many times bub's HB went above 140bpm [we were team yellow] and it was mainly below 140 for the whole trace...

xxxxxxxx

Jackson's HB sounded like a train. I still have it on my phone.

His was always between 140-150 xxxx

Well I think that blows the theory out of the water then, such varied results! Thanks ladies xx

Anytime I've been to the doctors or hospital my babies heartbeat has been 140-150 and I'm having a boy :) xx

Mine does actually follow suit. Between 140 and 150 and am having a girl. A midwife I had not seen before the other day said old wives tail is if it sounds like train its a boy and if its a horse galloping girl so she guessed girl and it is. My oh replied 'sounds like a blocked drain trying to drain in my opinion!' haha xx

The train/galloping horse thing was true for my sister in law, she had twins, a boy and a girl and each of them sounded like their respective wives tale :)

As for heart rate not sure that ones true but as I remember my youngest little boy did sound like a train while this one sounds like a galloping horse and I'm having a girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back