Heart palpitations

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by AngelLily, Feb 18, 2016.

1. AngelLily

AngelLily Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get big heart palpitations? I keep getting them and they're scaring me :/

2. Rhelen91

Rhelen91 Well-Known Member

If they have just suddenly came on maybe ring 111 and ask for some advice, or call your midwife in the morning x

3. Jellybean34

Jellybean34 Well-Known Member

I got them when I was first pregnant and also when I was coming down with a cold/flu virus but I am prone to them anyway so I'm used to them but I did get my oxygen, blood pressure and pulse checked at the doctors to be sure so might be worth contacting your GP or midwife x

4. love87

love87 Well-Known Member

I suffer with ectopics and fast heart rate for the last 12 years and they have always worsened when pregnant. Apparently not life threatening but very very annoying. I am currently taking labetalol for them as prescribed by GP. If it's a new thing defiantly contact your GP just to be checked out. They are not an uncommon occurrence in pregnancy. X

5. strongminded

strongminded Well-Known Member

I am 6 weeks and my heart is racing. I also feel very tired. My gp said its normal during the early stages and asked me to relax more

#5 strongminded, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  6. AngelLily

AngelLily Well-Known Member

I've had issues and a history of heart palpitations before but despite tests and reassurance I still panic and get anxious about them.