Heart Dopplers

The £30 mark ones are all of the same quality really - and the next step up is £500 i think but thats proper high tech.

TBH i wouldn't recommend them just because it can make you more worried - especially if one day your LO is being naughty and hiding form you.

I had to have several traces in hospital when i was overdue and Jacob even managed to trick that one at times and that was scary i can tell you!

i dont know what those ones are like with the headphones but think you have to be way over 20 weeks to get anything i hired mine from a company called baby beats they are like the ones the MW will use and i loved it . for me it helped me when LO was having a quiet day i used to love listen to the heart beat once you know what your doing its dead easy to pick up the heart beat. If you hire them for a certain number of months they are yours to keep or you can send it back after a month

Hiya,

We bought one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Ultrasou ... dZViewItem

For us it was money well spent. It took several attempts to find the heart beat at the beginning but once we got the hang of it & as baby grew it was easier. It really put our minds at rest especially if I couldn't feel him moving around for a while, apart from that it was so lovely to listen to him, it made it more real,

A close friend of mine has borrowed ours & she listens to her little one nearly every day!

So these things arn't that reliable..

Id hate to get it and it not work !

They do work I just found it hard to find the babys heartbeat. There best to use after 20 weeks (well thats what mine says anyway) but by then you'll be able to feel it kicking anyway.

i got one from ebay for £30 and mine is fantastic, its called angel sounds heart monitor:)

I hired one for a month when I was 10 weeks (the hospital grade doppler) and it was fantastic :D

its really good isnt it, picks up the heartbeat between 8 and 10 weeks

xxx

Yeah I got Damiens at 9.5 - 10 weeks, it was so clear and amazing, easy to find too.

violet-glow said:
Carefull your OH doesnt get obsessed with using it everyday. Because I personaly think it leads to paranoia about weather the baby is alright or not.
I would be like that if I got one,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back