Heart broken :(

Colleen1988

Reaction score
My little boy is 13 month old and he's been going through this phase for about 2 week now where he only wants his daddy, he's not interested in me what so ever, I do work a lot but I spend every second that I'm not at work with him, this is breaking my heart, feel like I'm failing as a mum and that he doesn't love me :(

He even cried when I picked him up from childminders today and didn't want to come, he's never done that, he was fine once we got home but that's not the point. Now that hubby is home from work he's not interested in me again.

Has anyone else been through this??

Thanks xxx

Aw hunni, I think they all fo through that phase, my ds1 was like that so much I cried now anytime anything happens it's I'm mammys boy xx

Aww I hope so Hun, I can't stand this... I try my best and it's like it's not good enough! I can't cope with him not loving me, worst feeling ever xxx

Aww I'm sorry you're feeling this way. My lo went through a super clingy phase for a couple of months where he didn't want to go to anyone else except me and this includes his dad. My oh found it really hard going and was upset by it. He's come out the other side though and honestly I don't think he favours either of us at the moment. He does love you hun, it's just a phase xx

Aww honey don't worry to much.
I know it can be hard to feel rejected by our own child but it's just a phase and soon he'll be all over you and ignoring daddy instead!
Sometimes they also go through a phase where they LOVE their teacher/nanny/child minder.
It's not a reflection on your worth as a mother. At this age they are still developing their personalities and preferences and phases like this one don't last.
Try not to pressure him too much, he'll be super excited to see you and hug you in no time!

Don't take it to heart my son always wNts his daddy over me, we both work full time and I spend every other moment with him, in a wee while you'll be his favourite again the. It'll b someone else's turn x

that is really heartbreaking.
try spending the whole weekend with him. just the two of you to somewhere new.

Aww thanks everyone, he's stopped doing it now and is back to being a mummy's boy. Absolutely hated that feeling :( hope he doesn't go through that phase again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back