Healthy Pregnancy Snacks

Sophie_P

Reaction score
I've been eating far too much junk since I found out i'm pregnant, and really want to get into the swing of eating more healthy. Anybody got any quick snack ideas? And also am I allowed Philadelphia?
Xx

No soft cheeses, no shell fish, no liver , no pate, no alcohol, no cured or deli meats, no home made mayo, runny eggs, nuts if you're related to an allergy sufferer

Have a happy meal lol

Fruit, carrot sticks, yoghurt, plain crackers, mixed nuts, raisins x

That's my bagel and Philadelphia out the window then! Might get some carrots and dip etc x

You can eat philadelphia, its processed cheese. The danger with soft cheeses(like camember) is risk of listeria. Enjoy your philadelphia

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

You can eat philadelphia, its processed cheese. The danger with soft cheeses(like camember) is risk of listeria. Enjoy your philadelphia

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

WSS

xxxx

We can eat philadelphia?! That's easily the best news I've had today ha! :)

Im finding this hard too, i noramlly eat v.health im lucky that i like healthy foods. But since i found out im pg i have wanted rubbish food. Im trying so hard not to eat junk food all the time.

Michelle. x

Yep Philadelphia is def ok .... It's a pasteurised cheese, heat treated IPP (in pack pasteurised) .... Sorry work in food industry :) xx

I want kfc lol, and i never eat kfc normally!!!!

Michelle. x

I am on monday its my bros bday and we are all getting kfc, normally i wudnt id have sumthing else, but i cant wait lol!!!

Michelle. x

My midwife also said I'm fine to eat prawns (they're a shellfish) aslong as they are cooked and pink :) all is fine. X

Tbh there is very little you can't eat, pâté is the main no no but other than that it is mainly to avoid getting food poisoning as in extreme cases diorreah can cause premature labour (I will add that my lovely son has given me two stomach bugs and nothing bad has happened to me) you an eat runny eggs but only if they are lion marked. Cooked shellfish is ok but I wud avoid bivalves (muscles etc) you can eat Helmand mayonnaise but not homemade as it contains raw eggs!
I think it is all just common sense tbh, my doc said that you will prob be fine eating everything but there is always a very slight risk!
Xxx

Just had the Philadelphia on a bagel. Good god it was good!!!

You can also eat pickled and smoked fish etc, mmmm pickled muscles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back