Healthy Pregnancy Snack Ideas

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Sophie_P, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Sophie_P

Sophie_P Well-Known Member

I've been eating far too much junk since I found out i'm pregnant, and really want to get into the swing of eating more healthy. Anybody got any quick snack ideas? And also am I allowed Philadelphia?
    Xx

2. NinjaKitty

NinjaKitty Well-Known Member

Ever heard of graze boxes? You can order them online and choose from lots of healthy snacks. Just google Graze.

I've been taking loads of fruit to work. Grapes or strawberries keep me going.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

3. LeaAnn

LeaAnn Well-Known Member

Fruit and sesame seeds bars are good, also a handful of nuts x

4. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

I have a box of cereal bars in the car for emergency snacking. Philidelphia is fine as pasturised. Muller light yogurts are healthy.

5. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

Fruit salad, mug shots, cereal, highlights hot choc! All things I used to keep my going! Ongoing joke at work that I am always eating!

Xx

6. MrsHop

MrsHop Well-Known Member

Loving raisins at the moment!

7. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

I have apple wedges and some tiny cubes of cheese at 1030 am with my son

Cottage cheese with pineapple is yummy eaten with a spoon straight from the fridge.

Large chocky Weetabix is very healthy and low cal if you need a snack

8. Bethi

Bethi Well-Known Member

Oooh, I've not tried chocky weetabix. Wouldn't have thought it was low cal, so I'm gonna be rushing out to try this tomorrow :)

9. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Yup philidelphia is fine hooray as pasturised. :) very nice on crackers o find. Healthy snacks. Avacado spread on ryvita is tasty. Apple or fruit slices small amounts of nuts almonds cashews pistachios, provided u don't have nut allergys in family history. Also cucumber and carrot sticks with hummous dip is lush, I also try and carry raisons with me or dried apricots as they are tasty. I find pom bears lower cal but nicer taste crisp wise or sunbites which sre whomeal crisps. I also love snacking on things like oranges or grapes. Other more unusual snacks would be a small tub of pasta with pesto or a small tub of salad or a pitta bread and hummous or tarasmalata (sp???) Olives are another nice one or prehaps try some slices of grilled lean chicken or ham which are full of protein and filling a yoghurt is often a nice snack particularly if plain and you add granola and honey or fresh berries. I like smoothies too as snacks or when I'm not working home made vegatable soup yum :) x

10. Sophie_P

Sophie_P Well-Known Member

Oh k8 your making of hungry!