Healthier Option to chocolate

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Yvonne, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Hi,

The past 6 weeks i have been having all day sickness, and the only thing that i could find to eat that didn't lie heavy was chocolate- well it still is. i can sit and eat a full bar (big one) or anything sugery.

i know too much sugar is bad for you in general and in pregnancy but nothing else seems to do the trick.
    its wierd because i dont crave it - thats philadelphia!!! its just i find sugery foods easy to eat.
    i've tried Apples, strawberries, oranges, just general good food and it doesn't work.

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE!!!

2. Guest

I'd stick with the chocloate mate - I have been very concerned with what I am eating and how it will affect the baby (or lack of eating and keeping down) but the baby wil take form you everything it needs - so don't feel guilty - eat away! :D

3. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Thats what my other half said, you just want the best for your little ones dont you, i suppose everyone is the same.

it may die off soon and i will go onto something different.
    I will just weight alot more because of all the chocolate i eat!!!

4. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Well I am off anything too sweet. I haven't eaten normal chocolate for weeks!

I am glad that I am off it, because it is such an addictive substance. Like pringles, once you pop..............

I don't seem to be craving anything at the moment and I can't stand greasy or sugary foods. (Big relief)

I'm sure my appetite will change soon though. I am dreading the cravings and hoping that I crave healthy stuff. Fingers crossed.

:D

5. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

Theirs an old wives tale you know that says if you crave sugary food its going to be a girl and if you crave sour tasting food its going to be a boy! Will have to see if this rings true for you.

6. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

that could be true,

i craved strawberries with Amy and then oranges, but this prgnancy feels different.
    i feel alot more tired, i am alot more sick and i crave philadelphia!!!

then again it could be my body has changed since having Amy.

7. Hayley05

Hayley05 Well-Known Member

I havent had very many cravings. But I did start wanting more sweets in the third trimester. I crave brownie sundaes these days!!!! Yum!!! :D

8. Mia

Mia Member

I crave choc all the time, along with my daily changing cravings, which today was Indian :( its tough being pg

9. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

How about, if your craving something sugery, having malt loaf? its sweet tasting but very low in fat, Im eating loads of it cuse Im finding I need to snck lots between meals and I dont want to pile on the pounds. Plus as is fuit based it should help with any pregnancy constipation you may be having.

10. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Hi All!!

I read the following in this month's edition of 'Pregnancy and Birth' Mag:

"A sweet treat is proven to benefit your baby, recent research shows that eating chocolate during pregnancy not only satisfies the taste buds of you and your unborn, but also makes your baby happier and less irritable in the first few weeks of their life. Studies also found that pregnant women who eat chocolate have babies who are more likely to laugh and smile at 6 months."

So you carry on with the chocolate girl!!!

11. Guest

yeah I read that! Don't feel as guilty now!! I am craving more svory things half the time - then sweet other times - maybe it will settle into a patter after sickness goes?

12. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

I officially love you Bubble :lol: !!! Have been searching for a good reason to carry on eating chocolate - I'm a total chocaholic (always have been).

LB

13. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Now will somebody please give me a good reason to continue to eat at least 2 packets of Walkers crisps a day?!!
    I'm not really into the chocolate thing but am addicted to all flavours of crisps!!
    Although I may have to force myself to eat a bar of chocolate rather than a bag of crisps!! It's a hard life when your pregnant don't you think girls? Tee Hee Hee!!

14. Manda

Manda Well-Known Member

i was the same with chocolate then i discovered strawberry jam on toast haven't had chocolate in ages now :)

15. boo boo

boo boo Well-Known Member

Ohh crisps, mmmm, cum to think of i i used to be addicted to crisps but dnt really think ive eaten ne since i found out i eas preg.
    I thought i was lucky at the beginin cos all i wanted was fruit but now ive gone mad for chocolate. Sat down last night and ate a big bar of whole nut (i know im not spose to eat nuts).

bec x x