health visitors

lottielou

Reaction score
Hey girls.
So i have my 40 week appointment with my mw tomorrow. And i havent yet met a health visitor and dont know anything about them. Am i supposed to have seen one before bubbas born. .Do the hospital tell them when your babys born. . Do they come to your house. Man im confused lol

xxx

I'm not sure on the guidelines but I have discovered today I have a HV coming Thursday!

Xx

Think its different in diff areas hun.
Some have seen them before birth, some dnt meet them till about 10days after birth when MW passes details onto the community HVs in ur area.

Just ask ur MW on ur next app xxx

Hiya :)
Im a Health Visitor in my area we do some targeted visits antenatally but dont have the staff to do for all women - wish we could, its great for continuity when we manage to visit antenatally, and is part of the Governments Healthy Child programme.
The Health Visitor is notified by the hospital that you have been discharged and should ring you to make an appointment some time after day 10 to visit you at home and introduce herself, and do the 'new birth visit'.
Hope that helps

Thankyou girls. That is so helpful. Just wanted to make sure i wasnt supposed to have done something myself haaa!!. Oooh 40week mw appt today :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back