Health Visitor

yeah they dont care if its a bit messy, they actually think its odd if its too clean after having a newborn,
my mum had odd looks and comments from one once cos she was mowing the lawn a few days after having my youngest brother and the hv came for her visit and asked where the new mum was lol. i felt fine once id got home so it was fairly clean but they arent there to judge on tidyness haha

Thanks girls that is reassuring. I guess its just another of those unknown you don't want to be classed as a bad mother by anyone because you haven't hoovered I know that sounds stupid it even sounds silly as I write it but I genuinly was worrying about it x

Thanks girls that is reassuring. I guess its just another of those unknown you don't want to be classed as a bad mother by anyone because you haven't hoovered I know that sounds stupid it even sounds silly as I write it but I genuinly was worrying about it x

Its doesnt sound silly. Im pleased im not the only person worried about it. Xx

Like in all jobs you get some crap ones that give bad advice etc.. but obviously the vast majority are lovely, helpful people. Xx

Personally I prefer to see a lived in house, means you are spending more time resting/ feeding/ playing. My house is lived in and we always have daily mess around, something would be wrong if there wasn't!

I'm a bit worried incase she says anything about my dogs, I have 2. A wee yorkie and a labrador pup. The labrador is quite hyper as she's a pup and gets really excited about new people, I'll have her in the back garden when the HV calls but I'm still worried incase she says I shouldn't have the dogs or its not safe xx

HV's aren't bad guys - yes some of them give outdated advice or talk a load of rubbish, but in general they are there to provide support.

They don't expect everyone to live in a spotless house, like bev said that in its self is more likely to indicate a problem, and they understand that plenty of people have pets (although they may offer some safety advice).

First time my HV came after birth (10days ISh I think) she couldn't believe I was dressed at 10am!!! Didn't have the heart to tell her if I had greeted her in what I wore to bed it woulda been my birthday suit!!

Yeah i was worried about the whole pets things - i have a 4 year old lab and he is still very hyper especially when people come over, he just hassles them for kisses and cuddles lol wouldnt hurt a fly but worried what shes going to say. Think ill put him in the back garden too. Xx

4yrs old and he's still hyper, I was hoping by then my lab would be chilled out haha xx

I've got 5 dogs lol so the HV better not be afraid of dogs lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4yrs old and he's still hyper, I was hoping by then my lab would be chilled out haha xx

Thats what i thought but i was so wrong lol what colour lab have you got? I have a black lab which i think are more hyper than the golden or chocolate labs. My OHs mum had a golden one and he was so laid back and chilled. Xx

Haha well hopefully yours will chill out. I dont think mine ever will lol. Xx

i have 3 dogs and a cat and my hv never said anything about them when i had Alyssa

My health visitor has just been. She never mentioned anything about the house or my dog. She just took family history and explained about babys records, vaccinations and when she would be visiting me next. She was lovely :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back