Health Visitor

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
So I got up this morning to find I had a letter from the health visitor saying she's gonna be calling out for an appointment in a few weeks.
I hadn't realised they called out before the baby was born, has anyone had their appointment yet? What's it for?

Xx

Just to introduce them selves, say hello kinda thing, so its not a complete stranger turning up when your dealing with a newborn. Standard practice in a lot of areas.

don't trust her

Why do you say that? Is a strange thing to say???

In our area we don't meet them till after baby but iv heard many others do as previous person says to introduce themselves x

don't trust her

Why do you say that? Is a strange thing to say???

In our area we don't meet them till after baby but iv heard many others do as previous person says to introduce themselves x

There is a thread in the girlie room which might explain this.

They don't send HV out before baby is born in my area but they do in other areas. It's just a courtesy call really. To explain what they do, what checks they make etc. It shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I wouldnt listen to whoever made the comment of 'don't trust her'. I have no idea why somebody would say that.

Ive seen a few people say they had visits before the baby arrived which I think is lovely. Get to know the hv before baby arrives is great so that they dont just come and tell you what your doing wrong and right. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300

My HV came to see me at home a couple of weeks before my baby was born just to introduce herself, explain jabs and generally have a chat about my well being. I think it's just so she isn't a stranger when the baby arrives x

tapatalkin

Ours comes after baby xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I had a visit from a HV a few weeks ago. She was lovely and spent two hours with us explaining things and answering all of my stupid questions.

She left me feeling so much better about the support available to me after the baby was born. It was a good feeling to know were bit alone after leaving hospital!

I hope you have a lovely HV

Xx

It's all part of the governments healthy child programme, in areas where health visitors aren't sparse in numbers they do an antenatal visit, the aim of the visit is to introduce themselves to you before baby, see if there is any information you need such as signposting to your local children's centre etc and see if there is any specific support you may need.
It's really sad someone has said don't trust her, I'm a health visitor, I take a lot of pride in my job and would hate to think someone didn't trust me, but it's like any professional not all personalities get along u suppose.
Hope you have a lovely visit, and that you get lots out of it :) x

My hv was amazing I phoned her when my fridge freezer broke because I didn't know where to turn, she got me one for free and went way above and beyond.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I think the lady who said dont trust her is having some personal issues just now. There's a thread in girlie room.

Ah I see, I haven't got access to that room so wasn't aware x

Thanks girls, glad to know its just a routine thing. Will have to get in a nice pack of biscuits for when she calls :) xx

they like to introduce themselves, some areas dont do it and some do but on the whole most health visitors are nice or useful at least lol. if you have any questions about baby groups in your area the hv is a good person to ask as well as anything about bringing up baby, they might not be all that useful to some ppl or in some cases they might feel as if theyre being bossy but theyre there to help you, their your first port of call for any issues with baby or pnd etc after baby and its their job to help if you want them to

I had a HV ring me last week to arrange to come to my house. She's coming on monday morning :) xx

Hi,they do this in my area, just to say hi and introduce really xx

Silly question but does anyone know how fussy they are about the house tidyness? My house isn't terrible but I do worry about if iv not been able to run the Hoover over or put the dishwasher on and have a few plates on the side etc I dare say I can get hubby to do it as and when and Iam trying to keep up to date with it all but I'm sure you ladies know how hard constantly cleaning is and I am a little worried what the hv thinksabout mess in ggeneral (I'm not talking weeks old stuff btw just the daily mess that occours also I have a pile of clean washing not put away etc and that is quite common for me to have gosh I'm fretting already now and baby not even here!

Silly question but does anyone know how fussy they are about the house tidyness? My house isn't terrible but I do worry about if iv not been able to run the Hoover over or put the dishwasher on and have a few plates on the side etc I dare say I can get hubby to do it as and when and Iam trying to keep up to date with it all but I'm sure you ladies know how hard constantly cleaning is and I am a little worried what the hv thinksabout mess in ggeneral (I'm not talking weeks old stuff btw just the daily mess that occours also I have a pile of clean washing not put away etc and that is quite common for me to have gosh I'm fretting already now and baby not even here!

I was worried about the exact same thing!! My house isnt dirty and dishes etc are always kept ontop of but i do all the cleaning myself so it is hard to keep ontop of it allnand plus we have just moved a few months ago and in the middle of decorating so its abit untidy at the min. Also our bedroom is still full of boxes etc that i havent got round to emptying mainly because i just dont have the energy. Xx

Not fussy at all. The day ours came we were moving all the furniture and had just been painting (so we were both scruff bags!) Plus spilt loads of paint on the carpet so place stank!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back