Health Visitor just been

Dollie

Reaction score
Just had an intro visit with the HV, she was lovely and gave me my red book and took some details. Shes contacting the breast feeding lady for me who will get in touch. Getting more real by the day :)

I had a call off mine this morning.. seeing her next week. Didn't even know we were meant to see a health visitor lol bit of a stupid question but what exactly is their role? xx

Nobody's mentioned anything to me about a health visitor! Although i know that they're supposed to come and visit after the birth! What's the red book for? xxx

Ive heard nothing about a health visitor.... Oh well they know where i am x

Not every area sends out a health visior before the birth. They are trained nurses who come out to visit you after your LO is born, they take over care from your midwife. Some areas they just come out for the first time for the after birth visit. What I didnt realise until today was that your midwife sees you for the first 2-4 weeks after birth, I always thought the health visitor stepped straight in. The red book has bits of useful info for caring for your baby, contact numbers and its where they record your babys weight, development etc. Kind of takes over from taking your maternity notes everywhere, lol, she told me id to take it to the hospital with me in my hospital bag xx

Never had one until baby was born and the red book is where they keep record of baby's weight and their injections are listed and recorded in there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back