Health Issues

alwayscoffee

Reaction score
Hello!

So I figured I would be proactive and order my own blood test and check to make sure I am healthy while trying to conceive. Everything was normal, including my magnesium levels, which was great, but on my CBC, my red blood cell count, hemoglobin and hematocrit were all high. This wasn't a first time thing. For the last 3 years of blood tests, my hemoglobin and hematocrit have remained high. Not critical high, but just high.

I was seeing a doctor a couple years ago when this started and he threw out "polycythemia," but he said that would be extremely rare for my age (I'm 28). He tried to rule out secondary polycythemia and ordered chest x-rays, thyroid tests, etc and everything else was fine with me. During this time, I found out I have Heterozygous Factor V Lieden, which just means I am at higher risk of a blood clot in my life, but doesn't mean I will for sure get one. I have to take extra care during pregnancy as it could make me have miscarriages as well.

The only symptoms I have is constant fatigue (even after full night sleep) and itchy skin after exercise or hot showers/baths. That's it.

Hubby says we will notify the OB when I get pregnant and show him my current blood tests and see what he says. He doesn't think it's something I need to worry about. He hates going to the doctors and I don't blame him for that. After going to my last doctor for a year trying to figure out what was wrong and spending a TON of money, it was frustrating and useless.

Does anyone have the same problem as me? Is this something I should worry about during TTC and pregnancy one day?

Any advice would be so helpful, I'm stressing out! <3

Hello hun, I have FVL hetero I will be trying to conceive after my haemo meeting next week, I will be taking low molecular weight heparin daily in injection form, i had three MCs in 2015 and I have a daughter born with no issues in 2013, although this sets you at high risk start point. You are in a good position as you know you have this, sadly I didn't that's why I had three losses all in succession and all early. I was lucky with my daughter however this doesn't mean that all people with FVL have issues most do not! Good luck and God bless! And my consultant advised 1 in 20 have it most never know so can't be that serious as there are a lot of births daily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back