Headaches

Sarahe

Reaction score
Hi,

I seem to suffer quite badly with a headache towards the end of the week and if i wake up in the night, If I wake in the night it isnt for the toilet or anything I just lay there awake, for no longer the 30 mins then I fall back to sleep, I dont even think the baby is awake.

But the following day I have a such a head ache it feels like i have had a heavy night on the wine.

Should this be a cause for concern??

I last saw my midife on the 29-11-05 and I am not due to see her until 24-1-06 and I have my 21wk scan tomorrow.

My midwife isnt in until this afternoon and I just wanted some opinion.

Sarah

:) Hi there!

I too have had these awful migraine type headaches,which I haven't really suffered with before.Mine are also worse in the morning,they seem to clear by the afternoon after I've slapped a load of 4head on! I seemed to suffer more around 12-14 weeks,but am still having them every now and then,roughly twice a week.I am just over 19 weeks gone now.

I read in one of the pregnancy magazines that these are quite normal, but there may be cause for concern when accompanied with high blood pressure and/or blurred vision.

I wished I could shed some more light on this for you,thought I'd share my experience so you don't feel like you're the only one!
Bagpuss :)

Hi bagpuss,

Thanks you know sometimes you think it is just you and I am sure it isnt and i wasnt worried until my mum run panic alarm through my head about my blood history and that could be a cause. :shock:

I have checked with the midwife, she has advised as I am not normally a sufferer, to have my bp and urine checked at the day unit tomorrow when I go for my scan.

She doesnt anticipate it to be a problem but would like it checked incase.

She then proceeded to tell me off for not carrying my notes with me :lol: Does everyone else carry there notes 24/7??

Sarah

:) Hi Sarah,

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow :)

As for the notes,I don't carry mine everywhere - I'm a postwoman,if I had to carry them around while on my duty I'd probably end up posting them through someone's door,as I am going through that clumsy-forget-everything type stage :lol: I keep putting my clothes on back to front,and going into the fridge to get the strangest of things :lol:
Bagpuss :)

Lol Bagpuss,

My boss has started calling me dippy and I keep going to put marmite in the fridge and butter in the cupboard when I make my breakie in the morning.

:lol: :lol:

they say it only gets worse :roll:

Hi Sarah,

I too suffered from headaches, they have gone now but when I went to the midwife and told her about it she told me to up my fluid intake, I drink loads of water anyway but she said to drink more as it could be dehydration.

I noticed, that I seemed to have headaches at the weekend more then during the week but it was probably because at work, I have a bottle of water with me all the time whereas if you're out and about sometimes you forget.

Get it checked anyway to make sure but try and up your water intake too, pain in the butt I know when you're already going to the loo more than usual but it defo helped me.

Good Luck

Lx

Thanks leigh,

I too wondered this, that perhaps if I actually got up and had a drink when I woke in the night then perhaps I wouldnt have a headache in the morning,day

I will try and up my water intake and see if that helps

Sarah
x

I wouldnt worry too much about this unless you develop other symptoms its yet another pregnancy niggle that loads of us have had at some point I think mine went on for a few weeks here and there then just stopped. its a pain though when you just want to take a nurofen and can't!

Hi Ladies

I have been suffering really bad headaches too - so much so that at work the other day, I said I had one and somebody said, that's a shock!!! cheeky or what? lol!!! :D I tried to buy some 4head over the counter at Boots but the Pharmacist wouldn't sell me it, he said that he wouldn't advise it to any PG lady, his wife was Pg too and he wasn't letting her use it either, so I am struggling on!!!! :? I have only taken 2 paracetamols and that was when it was so bad I didn't think I could cope anymore, lol!! I know they say that Paracetamols are ok but I am still wary.

Xxx

Lindsay try those koole 'n' soothe patches for migranes they're fab you'll never look back! :D

Thanks Kim I will definately give them a go. I wake up with a headache and go to bed with a headache!!! I wouldn't change it for the world though.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back